1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help fast

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by socal19, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    socal19

socal19 [OP] TACOMA03

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma pre runner
    2.5" Front spacers, 16inch wheelers steel wheels on 265-75-R16 BFG All Terrain, N-FAB prerunner bar, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Heys guys I have a 03 tacoma....ok I was driving to work right now and all of a sundden my horn was going off while I was driving and it wouldn't stop I never touched the horn either.....so I stop my truck and open the door and it stop...then I started the truck again and it started to go off again so I removed the horn fuse and drove it to work with no problem after that.....but now I don't have my horn.....anybody know what happened or wut might have happened I live in socal and its been raining like crazy over here for a week now.......could it be the water????

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck..well, maybe
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    You've got an open short somewhere my friend, time for a little reverse hop-scotching to trouble shoot, whether or not its a bare wire grounding out on some metal or your steering columm is full of water,(drain it lol) Electrical trouble shooting goes 1 of 2 ways : You either find it real quick OR bring your lunch & a bed roll cause its gonna be a long day....... good luck......:cool:

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.

Been there before too huh? LOL.

Good luck man.

To Top