1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help figuring out the problem. 2006 tacoma knock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SurfnWolf, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    SurfnWolf

SurfnWolf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab
    What I have happening is during accerelation, at around 40-50 mph...I hear a knock near the drivers side tire. Its almost as if it throws a rock up and hits the underside, but its consistent. It always happens on accereletion and always around 40-50 mph. I have a 2wd tacoma prerunner. I just had my tires rotated, and mentioned to the mechanic, we took if for a test drive, and he heard the same thing...He tried to look up some TSBs but didnt find anything related...he thinks its somewhere inside the "spindle" or tire mount, somewhere , like brakes, disk, rotors or something, but neither of us could pin point the problem. Any have anything like this happening.

2. Jul 15, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    SurfnWolf

Member:
    Fayetteville NC
    Vehicle:
    Anybody have a clue, I guess you could call the noise a "knock' or a "pop" sound coming from somewhere near the left front tire.. Its like something gives at around 40 - 50 mph, and justs pops...then it fine..you wont here a thing until you stop and start to accerelate up to that speed again...its baffliing...anything in the braking system could cause this?

3. Jul 17, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    SurfnWolf

Member:
    Fayetteville NC
    Vehicle:
To Top