1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help finding a new ABS Rear Axle shaft

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by CliffordBRD, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Apr 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    CliffordBRD

CliffordBRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    I've looked online and contacted a few vendors but the only thing seems to come up is either they don't stock them (why have them on your site then?) or they are for non abs. I'm 99.9% sure there is a groove in the rear axle because my drums are oiled from where the deflector inside is. The seals aren't leaking or anything, and I've been checking them weekly/cleaning them to reassure myself that it has to lead back to the axle and the fact that my rear braking is like mush.

Anyone know where I can get one of these online because I have to get all this done before the end of the month because I'm moving.

Thanks!

2. Apr 2, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    CliffordBRD

CliffordBRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Link to axle shafts and other assembly parts

I found this site, but it looks like they have several kinds of rear shafts or something? Mine is 4x4 and I guess I'll just replace everything while I'm back there so what all would I need? I believe I'm going to buy part no: 42311-35220, since it says w/4wheel drive, but says nothing about ABS, but it does say that it fits my vehicles VIN and such. What all would I need in order to just fix this entire thing and put her back on the road.

As always, appreciate all the help.

To Top