1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help identifiying something integration relay

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Drewboto, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_ಠ
    17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    So I want to tap into the positive side of my dome light circuit to power my new floor lights.

I located the positive wire on my truck that i need to tap into at the dome light on the roof. It is a solid black wire which corresponds to the Haynes schematic for that circuit

This specific wire runs to the Integration Relay located somewhere in the truck. I figure that it is under the dash somewhere. That would be perfect because my new lights will be placed under the dash.

Upon searching TW, I find a link posted by 98Tacoma (http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Wiri...0Locations.pdf)
    that shows where the Integration Relay is physically located in the truck (Page two near the bottom left)

The problem is that that picture lacks any detail.

So I continue reading and find a more detailed picture of what it is supposed to look like
    http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Wiri...0Locations.pdf (Page 3, bottom circuit)

Yay problem solved, I know what it looks like, now I can splice into that black wire attached to the integration relay. Nope. the actual thing looks very different from the picture

[​IMG]

It doesn't look exactly like the diagram, but it is similar in the fact that it has some wires attached below some fuses. Other than that, it is totally different. There is 1 black wire (what i'm looking for) but I'm not sure if that is actually the wire I need since I don't know if this is the integration relay.

I looked behind that fuse box and saw a big mess. Lots of wires, at least 4 of them were black, all plugged into different things.
    [​IMG]

This is on the backside of the object in the first picture. Only about a third of the wires are showing. the rest are hiding in the shadows.

So can anybody know where the integration relay is?

Thanks for any help

2. Apr 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_ಠ
    17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Edit, found a better way to wire the circuit.

To Top