1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help installing a 12v outlet in the bed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Isaiasgon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dec 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    Isaiasgon

Isaiasgon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD Sport V6 DCLB
    I want to instal an outlet in the back of the bed but I have no clue on how to set it up. Does anyone know we're I can find a drawing/map on how to run the wires ?

2. Dec 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    berg2065

berg2065 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    11 reg cab 4x4
    5100's set at .85,eibachs, LR uca's, toytec 1.5" aal, ride rite bags, receiver hitch, ARE cap with bedrug, Thule rack, wet-okole cover, ultragauge, kenwood dnx5180 navi/receiver, ss rubi404 running factory doors and JL8
  3. Dec 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    It's fairly simple, The best place would probably be inside the storage compartments in the back of the bed- run your wires parallel with the frame (I recommend some wire loom, zip ties and tape to keep it clean) and about midway through the bottom of the cab you'll see some 1" plastic grommets you can cut into, run your wires through and silicone.

If you pop apart your drivers side door jam and flip up the carpet you'll be able to see them easily and get a feel for what I am talking about. I have a firestik II mounted in the far bed corner and thats how I ran my coaxial into the cab...

As for where to steal power from, I don't see why you wouldn't run it in parallel with the outlets in the cab. I'll get you the wire colors in a moment...

Edit:

Wire colors for the 12v outlet & Cigarette lighter are Light Green (+) and White/Black Stripe (-). They are shut off by the ACC SKT relay, so you'll have to have the key in the ignition obviously if you run them in parallel, which is how I would do it. They're going to be behind the driver-side kick panel where the cab fuse block is.

Either that your you can run your own relay / switch from the battery so you can turn it on and off as you need.

4. Dec 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    Isaiasgon

Isaiasgon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD Sport V6 DCLB
    Thanks guys for the help, I'm going to try to instal it this weekend and I'll let u guys know how it went

To Top