1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help making a decision

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toyota Man, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    Toyota Man

Toyota Man [OP] Toyota Man

Member:
    Oregon, Centeral Willamette Valley
    Vehicle:
    11' DCSB TRD super charged off road
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    Hey guys I sold the Taco and have been looking for a replacement. I found one, but want to make sure I am not paying too much. I found a 1985 extra cab 4x4 with EFI. The truck had the motor rebuilt about 80,000 miles ago along with the tranny. The body and interior is straight, now the bad the Truck has 380,000 miles on it. It runs good and has had the things that would need rebuilt done. I talked the guy down to $3000 from $4000 for it. Do you all feel that is a decent price for a straight axle with efi. Please let me know and hope you all don't mind that I don't have a taco anymore I just feel that I have gotten good advice from everybody while I did have a taco.

Don

2. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    JayAre

JayAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB
    is it an sr5? i had an 86 sr5 years ago, and I loved it. If the work was legitimately done, and the rest of the truck was in good condition, I'd go for it if it's an sr5. It does seem a little bit high, but if it's in great condition you might not be able to find something like it period. most of the trucks that old are pretty beat up. If it's not in great shape with all the options, I wouldn't pay that much.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1376281674.html
    http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1362881454.html

those might be worth a look

3. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    Toyota Man

Toyota Man [OP] Toyota Man

Member:
    Oregon, Centeral Willamette Valley
    Vehicle:
    11' DCSB TRD super charged off road
    TRD super charger, TRD cold air intake, and exhaust. Downey coil overs coming soon
    Yeah it is an SR5 model. The only thing it needs is a radio as he is taking the one that is in it with him.

4. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    JayAre

JayAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB
    got any pics of it? is there an ad for it? I would check craigslist extensively to decide for yourself, but like I said, if it's in great condition, and it's what you want, go for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top