1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help now! In the middle of an install...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Can anyone please show me a pic of the Fox rear resi shocks for the REAR. I have ZERO installation instructions and I have 2 bushings, 2 conical washers and a nut.

Obviously the nut goes on top and I don't want to have to guess on the orientation and order of the other parts.

Also, there is a loose sleeve and the bolt and nut for the stock configuration is way loose in the bottom of the shock thru hole. Do I need to press out the bushing in the OEM shock and install that in the Fox shock?

TIA.

2. Apr 11, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    Delray Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Infiniti G35S
    It should be the same as your stock shocks. It goes (from top to bottom), nut, washer, bushing, frame, bushing, washer.

3. Apr 11, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Concur with Viet.

4. Apr 11, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Awesome, what about the bolt and nut that go through the bottom of the shock. The FOX rear shocks have a large hole that looks like I need to press out the bushing in the stock shock and install it in the FOX shock???

Is that the case?

5. Apr 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Here's a pic of what I'm trying to describe. See how the FOX shock has a larger opening than the sleeve supplied with the kit and the bolt...

[​IMG]

Also, is that Viet Tran? Tim's little brother?

To Top