1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help on which Taco to buy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Spoon93, May 30, 2013.

1. May 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Spoon93

Spoon93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rogue valley
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5
    Hey everyone, first things first I do not own a Taco yet but that's why I am here. I need help from fellow owners on which one to buy. I'm an avid hunter and outdoors-man in the PNW and its time to ditch the Danger Ranger. I spend 2-3 weekends of every month in the woods and I prefer to go beyond where everyone else can.
    That said, I am torn on witch rig I want. It will be the Double Cab and I love the long bed as I will be putting a canopy on and it can be my tent on wheels. But, there is no manual option and I don't know if I could deal with going back to an auto.

What are the pros and cons of the 6sp manual vs. the 5 speed auto?

What are the pros and cons of the short bed (besides it cant be a tent I'm 6,2) vs. the long bed?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

2. May 30, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The auto seems to have fewer issues. The manual guys seem to have issues with the throw out bearing. Other than that, I think it's just preference.

If you're set on a double cab, the TRD Off Road package is only available on the short bed. The manual is also only available on the short bed. The TRD Sport package comes on both the short and long beds. Depending on what type of off roading you get in to, you have a decision to make. The Off Road comes with the rear locker and is the only package that comes with the locker and ATRAC. The TRD Sport comes with a brake-controlled limited slip system. If you go with a long bed, you could go with an SR5 package and add a rear locker with the money saved over one of the other dress packages. If you plan on lifting and dumping a lot of money into the truck, buying a double cab long bed SR5 and building it up might end up being cheaper and more capable in the long run.

3. May 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Long bed is harder to park and the off road package is nice for light off reading in stock from but just get what you want

Products Discussed in

To Top