1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEED HELP TONIGHT URD MAF CALIBRATOR

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 06TRDZombieHunter, May 15, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

06TRDZombieHunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    I've installed the URD MAF Calibrator and its been giving me hell all weekend. I have been in contact with Gadget the entire time, we have the vacuum line hooked up to the intake manifold, and the tricky green and purple wires attached to the proper location on the ECU and going to the sensor itself.

The wiring and vac line are setup exactly as Gadget and his instructions describe.

The truck runs, but does not take well to throttle input. There is no check engine light on .. and I can drive it under gentle input... but as soon as I have to give it a little more throttle to go up a slight grade for example, the engine RPMS jump all over and it coughs and sputters terribly.

Does anybody have one and can tell me what I did wrong or whats going on?
    I have to drive this rig to work and school tomorrow.

2. May 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    Bought the MAF calibrator from URD brand new. Prior to installation everything on my truck was running like a top. (Perfectly) I bought it with hopes of better MPG and power.. as suggested by URD's site.

Thanks man, anything else?

3. May 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Yeah, I took it off and on like 4 times. Finally now it runs like it does.. Before it was worse, cause I didn't have the vacuum line hooked to anything, (not listed in the instructions) but after emails to Gadget I got that ironed out.

Now that its soldered its permanent.

??

4. May 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  5. May 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  6. May 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Still need some tech help.. check it again later this morning

Bump.. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top