1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help Towing Jet skies

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mb_edgar, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Mar 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    just bought my 2007 Tacoma double cab Prerunner with the TRD off road pack 4x2 the only problem it didnt come with a tow package and now me and about 5-6 another Toyota trucks are heading out to Lake Havasu soon and I need to tow two jet skies I talked to my guys at Toyota they say i Could tow up to 3500 pounds on my Bumper but i would feel better with a tow hitch that could pull up 6000 pounds should I be worried towing the jets on my bumper? :confused:

2. Mar 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    you can tow skis with the bumper but the bumper might sit a little too high for the trailer.just size it up first. if it doesnt sit well go get the hitch and harness
    edit: 2 skis and trailer are nowhere near 3500 lbs

3. Mar 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    Oh_Six_Taco_4x4

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 Professional High Fiver

Member:
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    OEM skid plate. 3" Toytec lift with AAL. Trail Gear Rock Sliders Rechargable Maglite
    You should be fine. If anything, worry about jack-knifing the trailer when backing. It could touch against the bumper. I have a Honda Aquatrax which is like 5-600 lbs on a single trailer. I don't even know its there. (I also have the Tow package) My point is, both skis combined and the trailer should only be about 1600 lbs max.

Products Discussed in

To Top