1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help truck won't start

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gustorecoil, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    gustorecoil

gustorecoil [OP] Member

Member:
    i went shopping today it started perfect one trun of key. drove to bj's came out 20 mins later. truned the key nothing, no clicking sound from the starter it had no power. the only lights that barely trun on the dash was the battery and the one skiding truck. so this guy gave in jump. it started right way drove home i check the alternater with truck runnig it read 13.44 volts i stop the truck check the battery it read 12.59. then the truck wouldn't start no power again. the head light don't come on. i tried to jump start it with my explorer nothing just clicking sound from starter. then i tried my craftmans battery charge/jump starter nothing just as before. this is 2010 trd i had for 1 year now. what do guys think

2. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Dead cell in the battery :notsure:

3. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    gustorecoil

gustorecoil [OP] Member

Member:
    i think the same but had 300zx once that bought ac delco battery i change about 4 time each with dead cell but it always start with a jump

4. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Have someone turn the key to start while you are measuring voltage at the battery posts. If the battery is bad it might read 12.6 (normal) as long as there is no load on it. When you energize the starter and it drops off that would indicate a bad battery.

5. Mar 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    MrFastLayne

MrFastLayne Mr SGA

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Lincoln Ca,
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 Off Road
    Lift,Winch,Shell,Light Bar,Siren,Radio's
  6. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    I agree with the fubar battery. See if it is a warranty item.

7. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Yep, I say battery too. I know its not that old, but it could just be bad. Every battery I have ever had go bad on me just dies on me. Normally when I'm out and about. Atleast you where able to make it home. Every time mine died, it wouldn't take a jump either. Just nothing, and my lights would even work too. New battery and you should be good to go.

8. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    (Traded-in) 06 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4
    K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars/sliders/running boards, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Running Board/Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box (12V socket, voltage and current gauges), DIY Internal Lighting (coming soon), Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    Agree...sounds like the battery. Take the battery to autozone or similar and have them check it.

9. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    Definitely sounds like a battery issue. Sometime when attempting a jump-start if you don't have a good connection or a weak jumper box it still won't work. I've had some vehicles that I had to leave them connected to the running vehicle for a few minutes to charge the battery a little before attempting to start the dead vehicle.

10. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    jivewalker

jivewalker me gusta pechos firmes

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS
    Dead battery, but I would check your ground for tightness first :D

To Top