1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with a oil leak

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Dbo63, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mar 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    Dbo63

Dbo63 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 4x4
    So i just bought a 97 tacoma with a blown motor (3.4). So i purchased a another one off craigslist. They claimed it had a 130k. I bought it and did the install, fired it up and it runs really good. My problem is when u get on it like merging on the freeway or hammer on it going down the street it starts to leak oil. And thats were i'm getting frustrated its leaking around the front spark plug hole on the driver side, its like it was coming out of the seal around the spark plug and goes down the plug tube and some runs down onto the exhaust manifold. I cleaned the spark plug hole, changed all the gaskets and seals on the driverside because that was the only place it would leak. I replaced the pcv,and put it all back together. Took it out drove it on the freeway and now its leaking on the passanger side back hole and its coming out under the coil pack and putting some down the tube were the spark plug is. Before i changed the driver side gaskets i cleaned it all up and just town drove it there was no leaks. It seems to be only when u put a load on it. And the passanger side never leaked untill i fixed the driver side. Anyone ever had or hear of this before?

2. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    Dtom

Dtom Member

Member:
    Pacific north west
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma sr5
    you might just need a new valve cover gasket? thats what it sounds like to me! i could be wrong, but check it out also make sure all your valve cover bolts are tight.

3. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
  4. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    Dtom

Dtom Member

Member:
    Pacific north west
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma sr5
    very true good call!

Products Discussed in

To Top