1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help With Black Westin Tube Steps (I Have Pictures)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jabrackin, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    Are these a good set of tube steps for a Double Cab Tacoma?

I have noticed that the tube steps dont have a center brackett

I have a guy offering to sell these to me for $120.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    You sure those match the 05+ double cab? Those don't have the same mount points as my nerf bars.

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD O/R PreRunner SexyAss Barcelona Red
    TRD Drop-In, TRD Exhaust, OEM Roof Rack, N-Fabs, WeatherTech Liners, LED Interior Lights, Devil Horns Emblem, 2011 Painted Grill, Debadged with Sockmonkey TRD Badging only, Katzkins Leather Int; Next: 5100s/Eibachs
    i had those exact ones. they made them that way from 05-06 then swithced to the body mounted.
    i threw mine away. they hold weight just fine. BUT it makes the ride stiff as shit. basically the frame can't flex and dissipate energy(bumps) as well

4. Feb 11, 2010 at 3:48 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Hmmm? Never noticed the truck riding any stiffer because of them. Mine aren't Westin but pretty much the same frame mount ones. What I would suggest is beefing up the hardware. Buy the biggest bolt that will go through the bar hole, lol, then get big thick flat washers (5 per mounting pt between frame and nerf + 1 for the backside = 24) and stack them in the space between the frame & the bar mount & one on the backside of the frame behind the nut. This way it tightens very solidly to the frame and reduces any flex there is when climbing on them. Not solid enough for jacking purposes but it really made them more solid for anyone using them other than annorexic folks. Yours appear to mount flat against the frame on one end but have the space like I was referencing on the other end. Mine have space on both ends. You could get by just using a couple of the big washers on both sides on the flat end of yours but still go bigger on the bolts. They make nice door stops for brainless idiots trying to door ding your truck more than anything else IMO. Didn't really help me as far as getting in/out of the truck.

5. Feb 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Westin's a great name brand. Can't comment on the mounting points though. My Aires nerf bars use the body mounting points, not the frame.

To Top