1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with CL sale.

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Roll Tide, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Quinton
    Connersville Indiana
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD xtracab, lifted, murdered.
    JDM headlights, alpine HU, Polk Momo component set. Flowmaster, ULK
    I have my motorcycle for sale on CL and got a bite. Not sure if it is a scam or not. The lady didn't haggle any. Simply asked me to send her an invoice for the price and I included the Paypal fees. She said not to worry about title transfer or shipping, that she would take care of all of that. She is from VA and the bike is here in Indiana. She sent me her phone number but, I have yet to call it. Where do I go from here?

2. Jun 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 SR5 Access Cab
    OEM TRD OR wheels, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, Pop and Lock PL8521, Overhead Temp/Compass, OEM led tail lights, Sport bucket seats, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech in channel window vents, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler
    Ditto, its a scam

just google "craigslist paypal scam"

3. Jun 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    def scam... i wouldn't do anything with paypal in a deal like that, they really protect the buyer, if she tries to follow up, she'll prob get your bike, and say she never got it, and have paypal reverse the payment, then you're sol

4. Jun 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    goleta/santa barbara, ca
    Vehicle:
    97 5 speed 4x4 v6
    lt
    do NOT do it

5. Jun 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Jetlander

Jetlander Just trying to measure up...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan (aka MOAB)
    Depends on the day.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 SR5
    TKO Wheel w/ 35" BFG KM2, Volant CAI, Safari Snorkel, 3" lift, All-Pro Full Skid Underarmor, Chopped/Re-Routed FlowMaster Exhaust, CBI Moab 2.0 Front Bumper, DerpWerx High Clearance Rear Bumper, Rear Tire Swing Out, BAMF Sliders w/Kickouts, King Resi w/700# Coilovers on front, Total Chaos UCA's, King Resi's on rear, OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ U-Bolt Flip, DerpWerx Bedrack, Mombasa RTT, 10# C02 Tank, Black Badges, Dual Optima Red Top's, Blue Sea 12 Fuse Block mounted on custom Block mount, SuperWinch 9.5iSR Talon w/synthetic line, Prolink Thimble, 20" Rigid Dual Row LED Light Bar, Rigid Dually Floods, OTRATTW Switches, Cab Mount Chop, Cobra CB w/ 4' Firestik, Center Counsel Glock 23 mount (with plenty o' ammo!), Weathertechs, and plenty more mods to come!
    This is a typical scam. I had someone try to do the same exact thing with PayPal, to include saying they would figure out the shipping later. SCAM!

6. Jun 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

169.254.255.201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interwebs
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner 2WD

Scaaam
    For all you know, you could get in trouble for not doing anything about the title, not to mention the "ill take care of shipping" or i'll take care of anything is usually a scam.

Would it hurt to call the number? Probably not, but call from a google number, (http://www.google.com/chat/voice/) that way she can't find where you live and you will be fine.
    Would it hurt to request the paypal money? I don't see why... if she claims she never got the bike (Send by secure means, with protection from shipping company) you can just refund the money. All of this doesn't mean it will work of course.

Post the craiglist add, in your local forum and you may get a few hits. From some guaranteed real people :)

7. Jun 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Quinton
    Connersville Indiana
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD xtracab, lifted, murdered.
    JDM headlights, alpine HU, Polk Momo component set. Flowmaster, ULK
    thanks everyone.

To Top