1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with new tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bassTaco, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Oct 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    bassTaco

bassTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma D-Cab Prerunner V6
    So just discovered that my Front Passenger Tire has a cut through the thread about 5" long. Its deep enough that it exposes the steel belt. Good thing I have a warranty with Discount Tire. Currently these are Bridgestone Dueler Revo2 265/70/16 tires and about 30K miles on them. Still have plenty of thread left on them.
    Anyhow, my problem is that I had plans to wear these tires out in a year or two from now and go one size bigger, 265/75/16 tires because I am planning to do a small lift on my Tacoma. I have the option to replace the one tire at no cost, or get credit back for all my tires towards a purchase of a new set. I think purchasing a new set would be more ideal for my plans since I plan to do a lift in the near future. Now the question is what tire to get.

I have done a lot of reading on tires here and of the tires Discount Tire carries it sounds like its either,
    Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 ($102/each)
    Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S ($151/each)
    Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2 ($170/each)
    Nitto Grappler AT ($196/each)

There are others in the list but these seem to be the favorites. I actually was thinking about the Hankook tires but priced at $102 that is cheap for those tires. Money-wise, that seems like I would be wasting my warranty's worth if I get the Hankook's. You guys have any suggestions?

2. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    bassTaco

bassTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma D-Cab Prerunner V6
    Thanks! I decided to go with the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 tires in 265/75/16. For $102 a taire that seems like a deal plus it will be less money out-of-pocket for me.

To Top