1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with paint!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Philosophizer, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    The Philosophizer

The Philosophizer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    South Bay
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma
    nothing yet!
    OK here's my deal. some a-hole hit my taco!!!! did about 1k worth of damage and even tore of my driver side mirror. luckily my buddy is pretty handy with body work and fixed the scratches and dents for me, and even replaced the mirror. I've got primer on it right now, but where can I get some factory-matching paint to cover it up? and also, what kind of clear coat should i put on if any?

2. Aug 11, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Go to a paint shop, just about any good automotive paint store can mix you up a batch of the factory color and you will want to use the clear the is made for the color coat you put on. For instance if you use PPG paint use the PPG clear that is made for that paint. I really like Dupont paints myself.

To Top