1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with paycheck issues

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Burgman, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jun 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM
    Burgman

Burgman [OP] I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    So i work for a Holiday Inn owned by Shamin Hotels. I have worked since before the hotel was officially opened, so its been around 9 months now. The problem that has occurred around 4 times now is that they short my check. This check was short 45 minutes and 15 or so should have been overtime. I need help about what to do about this and what group of authority to report this to, also it happens to most employees

2. Jun 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    thats shitty bro.

I know the feeling.

Try the Better Business bureau, or the Corporation Commission.

3. Jun 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    Burgman

Burgman [OP] I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    ive written a letter to my manager about it but if i call the BBB and they investigate or something theyll know its me then fire me

4. Jun 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    How can they fire you for that?

I call shenanigans, and say go ahead and report them.

If they fire you for reporting short checks, then I'd say LAWSUIT time!

5. Jun 13, 2009 at 4:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah....If you report it or ask for help finding out what is going on- and they fire you over it it or for some other bullshit reason you have standing for wrongful termination.

You should also be able to talk to an HR department rep or something...cause your manager may have little to nothing to do with getting your pay check to you...He might determine what you get paid per hour, but not what kind of time you log.

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    How do you punch in & out?

Is there any proof of the times you've worked? (in terms of exact times you've been working)

Do they POST the hours for the previous week so you can verify them?

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    It's called the State Labor Relations Board. FIRST, go to the person who does payroll every week and tell them you got shorted, give them that chance to correct it.
    THEN if they don't, call the LRB and tell them.
    Remember, as an employee, you are giving them a service in exchange for a SET WAGE-not what they feel like paying you. This is business between you and them. Time is money-YOUR TIME TOO.

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V8
    Contact the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry. http://www.doli.virginia.gov/
    They exist to help with this type of situation.

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    Goblin

Goblin TSB 0305-08 Rev2 & TSB 0373-09 DONE

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    STOCK TRD 4X4 OR DC
    FYI: employment is at will. They can fire you for about any reason, eye color, hair color, whatever. Just check with HR first and make sure your hours are documented correctly. Sometimes they deduct the lunch whether you take it or not, depending on how they are set up in payroll. Also, another possibility is comp time. Some employers give comp time in lieu of O/T.

Here again, check with your manager or HR first and verify how they are paying you and that your hours are documented correctly. If you get no satisfaction or get fired, make sure you have all your pay-stubs and hour sheets and provide them to the labor board. If you win, which you almost always do, your entitled to 3 times your back wages.

To Top