1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help with smoking habit!!

Discussion in 'Health' started by BigBawlzTaco, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco [OP] Wanna know how I got these scars?

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Forsyth,Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Chevy Avalanche
    Straight piped.
    im 16 and i go 2 packs of camel reds a day :(
    so much money, and i tried going lights but i couldnt make it through a day of school without throwing up. and nicotine gum didnt work for me..
    any suggestions from the guys that quit??
    i spent more money on tobacco than my own truck.
    i started when i was 12 and then it got even worse when i hit 14. it went from like 2 a day to like a pack and a half a day. and back then i used to smoke marlboro lights and somehow i ended up doing camel reds. i hate it, its disgusting. the harder i try the harder it is to quit. HELP ME!!!:help::goingcrazy:

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Man I'm sorry to hear this. My friend just quit cold turkey. But his girlfriend was a good motivation for this.

I know it sounds stupid, but maybe complete willpower to quit will help.

3. Jul 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB - Super White
    Best advice that you can get right there. About the only thing that will allow you to quit those cancer sticks is the shear willpower and determination of a man who actually has the willpower to quit, not a man who talks about quiting.

Good luck on kicking the habit. 2 packs of Reds at your age is definitely not good for your health and can cause life long habits that will really be a bitch to kick down the road. My advice would be to sit down and write up a plan. Cut your smoking by half for about two weeks, then cut it by another half for a week and then quit COLD turkey. Good luck, and quit while you can.

To Top