1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help

Discussion in 'Florida' started by J C, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Aug 30, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    J C

J C [OP] Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X2
    Nerf Bars Window deflectors
    Sorry, but I'm new to the board so forgive me if I don't understand all the rules and proper etiquette. If things go as I plan I should become a regular on this board. I'm already a member of several other car club websites.

Anyhow, I'm looking to purchase a new 2011 Tacoma Dbl Cab Prerunner 4x2 with the TRD off road pkg and tow Pkg. I got a quote of $26,267 is this a reasonable price for Florida? Seeing how the 2012's will be hitting the show room by October?

Any insight you can provide will be grateful. :)

2. Aug 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW! Check NADA, and google some others in your area, and compare thye prices.

3. Aug 30, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Last three vehicles were compared to edmunds.com expect to pay price. Two VWs were within as few hundred dollars and my tacoma came in about 50 less than edmumds expected.

4. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    J C

J C [OP] Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Thanks... Yes I have checked Edmunds, and NADA... So far that's the best quote I've received and it's below Edmunds... NADA always runs a bit higher. Edmunds tends to be the one that's more real world numbers... I was just asking your opinion as you are owners and you know what you had to pay...

5. Aug 31, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Timing is funny this year too. Our trucks are made in TX (some might still be made in mexico) but parts from Japan have been slowed I am told. Match that with the 2012 out soon makes for an unusual purchase market.

Find a dealer that is easy to deal with and buy when the time is right for you as long as you get the vehicle you need. I've had mine for 9 months and love it.

6. Sep 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    hi, is your price before taxes and fees, or after. If it is before, I was getting about 27,900 after taxes and fees but before tag for a trd prerunner sport with tow package in brandon florida, which i think should run about the same as a trd offroad

7. Sep 18, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    J C

J C [OP] Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    That quote was before taxes, fees and tag... I shopped around a bit and ticked off a few dealers in the process. Who do they think they are the only Toyota dealer on the planet. I told several I'd go to Alaska to make a purchase if the deal was good. Amazingly most couldn't believe a person would go that far to save a grand or two...

In the end I found one in Ocala, that's about 100 miles north of me. I thought about waiting for the 2012 model but saw pics of it and didn't like it. The interior of the 2012 looks nice but that front end looks horrible.

8. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    was the dealer in ocala deluca? I tried them, 2 in jacksonville, and 2 in orlando, and all the ones in tampa and sarasota, the best price i got was from courtesy toyota in brandon. If you read the forum

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/fl...etter-price-2011-prerunner-doublecab-sr5.html

it sums up my shopping experience, I ended up going used, because I thought it was too much money for a 2wd truck. fink seemed to have got an awesome deal you might want to talk to him, he is also very nice to offer help, and would probably be willing to meet you at the dealer to help you get a good deal

9. Sep 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM
    J C

J C [OP] Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Yea, it was Deluca...

As I said I done some major shopping as far north as Stone Mtn. GA and as far west as Pensacola FL... It came down to Port Richey, Royal Palm, Daytona, and Ocala... I played the math game and looked at each line one by one and in the end Ocala beat everyone. Despite the fact their quote was a little higher than the lowest quote I received... You've got to look at the overall picture and what will be OTD cost.

I did price a few used 2010's but for what the dealers wanted I could buy a new one cheaper. That's really sad that used vehicles are going for more than a new one. Why would I pay 27K for a used truck with 8K miles on it when I can get the same exact truck new and much cheaper? Of course occasionally you'll find a deal on the used market but it's rare and you have to do a lot of shopping. The big problem is too many people put so little down and go for 6 year loans and that drives the price up when they trade them in.

Products Discussed in

To Top