1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need lower profile lca bumps suggestion?

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Az lowtacoma, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Az lowtacoma

Az lowtacoma [OP] Mini Truckin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Lowered Tacoma
    k&n cold air intake 57 series, flowmaster 50 series delta flow, viper alarm, auto door locks, big three upgrade, kinetik hc1400r battery, 1/0 gauge wire, Pioneer 4500, Streetacos 3" tapered blocks, Belltech 3" drop leafs, Qa1 coil overs with 550lbs coils, ball joint flip, rear KYB Monomax shocks, 18x8 +40 Enkei Kojins, 225/40/18 Nittio Motivo tires, LCE drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, roll pan, 01+ taillights
    I was examining my front suspension the other day after after lowering the rear a little more and i noticed i don't have shit for travel before it smashes the bumps. What specific preferably Engery Suspension bump stop works with for repalcing the front bumps?

2. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    There are a couple choices you can use...it sounds like you have cut coils or drop coils that have had a coil or so removed? You can use this button style Energy bump stop, but they may be too low profile and let your tire scrub the inner fender too much, or you could also try these pyramid style I run on my 99 and they'll be bit lower profile than your stock rubber ones but the poly will slow the tire better than the soft stock rubber ones.

EnergyButton.jpg
    EnergyPyramid.gif

3. Az lowtacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Lowered Tacoma
    k&n cold air intake 57 series, flowmaster 50 series delta flow, viper alarm, auto door locks, big three upgrade, kinetik hc1400r battery, 1/0 gauge wire, Pioneer 4500, Streetacos 3" tapered blocks, Belltech 3" drop leafs, Qa1 coil overs with 550lbs coils, ball joint flip, rear KYB Monomax shocks, 18x8 +40 Enkei Kojins, 225/40/18 Nittio Motivo tires, LCE drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, roll pan, 01+ taillights
    I have the Belltech drop coils. Awesome thaks Brian!! What all do I need to do to remove the stock bumps since it's a pretty tight gap in there to get them out?

4. Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Jack your truck up by either the cross member behind the sway bar to get a bit more room so you can remove the stock ones or jack it up under the drivers door by the frame, but you'll have to do one at a time this way. It's a 14mm or 9/16" socket that you'll use up through the bottom of the lower arm. Do you need the part #'s for these 2 style bumps?

I have the button ones here but will need to order the pyramid ones from my u-bolt/spring guy but he gets them quick. They run me like $11 and I sell them for $15+ shipping, so about $20 when it's said and done. ORW or 4WP usually has the button style on the shelf for about $11 or so but they'll probably have to special order the other ones since they're not that common.

5. Az lowtacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Lowered Tacoma
    Ok that was what I figured ha. Part numbers would be awesome. Well I would rather run the pyramid ones since they sound like the safer opition since I will be running 17s here soon

6. Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Thanks Seth. I was doing some computer crap a minute ago and kind of left you hanging. I have to make a u-bolt run in the next 1-2 days and will get these and get 'em in the mail. There won't be a long wait. These should work great with the drop and 225/45/17's.

7. Az lowtacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Lowered Tacoma
    Awesome thanks again for the help Brian much appriciated

To Top