1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new sub (home theater)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BravesFan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I will say this - they are an incredibly well run company. They've identified a market niche that works for them. Small, easy to place speakers that have the ability to get loud. To 90% of people, that's all that's important. When I was speaker shopping (and I looked a LOT of speakers), I noticed that to my ears, a small satellite speaker, no matter how hard it tried, could not offer the same experience as a well balanced tower speaker, especially for the same or MORE money.

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    No doubt.

A speaker should be able to play *WELL* down to about 50hz or so. These wimpy little satellite speakers can't generally get below 100hz which is a problem. If you ask a sub to play that high it can and will in most cases. Problem is that above about 80hz you can localize the speaker. That means that you can point to where the sound is coming from which is terrible because you want it to sound like a nice integrated piece. If you crossover the sub at a lower frequency with tower speakers that can hold their own down low....that's the good stuff :D

Products Discussed in

To Top