1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new tires for Camper setup

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Smoke2, May 23, 2012.

1. May 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Smoke2 [OP] Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    07 DC 4X4 LB
    Rear TSB, Firestone Air bags
    First post here so be easy on me.
    It’s time for new tires. Currently, I’m running BFG AT LT265/75/16r Load Range D’s. I have a camper (a real camper that you put in the bed of the truck) that weighs 1000lbs wet. I have air bags in the rear. The D range tires work great with the camper. They are a little stiff w/ no camper. BFG doesn’t make D range tires any longer so I looking for something that will work for my setup. I have my camper on approx. 30% of the time. I want something similar in traction or maybe a little more aggressive. I drive in snow and mud but I’m not an off-roader. I’m worried about C range tires will not have enough side support and E range tires are way too stiff and the fronts seem to be mushy if you air them down. I have a high center of gravity because of the camper. I don't want to have that rolling feeling when I go around corners. Does anyone have a similar setup that can recommend tires? Currently, I'm looking at Duratrac's but I'm unsure if the C rated tires will work.
To Top