1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new tires for Camper setup

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Smoke2, May 23, 2012.

1. May 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    Smoke2

Smoke2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4X4 LB
    Rear TSB, Firestone Air bags
    First post here so be easy on me.
    It’s time for new tires. Currently, I’m running BFG AT LT265/75/16r Load Range D’s. I have a camper (a real camper that you put in the bed of the truck) that weighs 1000lbs wet. I have air bags in the rear. The D range tires work great with the camper. They are a little stiff w/ no camper. BFG doesn’t make D range tires any longer so I looking for something that will work for my setup. I have my camper on approx. 30% of the time. I want something similar in traction or maybe a little more aggressive. I drive in snow and mud but I’m not an off-roader. I’m worried about C range tires will not have enough side support and E range tires are way too stiff and the fronts seem to be mushy if you air them down. I have a high center of gravity because of the camper. I don't want to have that rolling feeling when I go around corners. Does anyone have a similar setup that can recommend tires? Currently, I'm looking at Duratrac's but I'm unsure if the C rated tires will work.

To Top