1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need OEM Fog Light Switch Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TerryS, May 11, 2011.

1. May 12, 2011 at 4:03 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Likin me some of these switches!

2. May 12, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    TerryS

TerryS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    '19 Barcelona Red DCSB TRD OR
    Roof rack, step boards, window visors, hood protector, tonneau cover, bed extender & small lift kit.
    It appears that all that must be done is to move 4 wires from the old 4 pin connector to a new 6 pin connector and add 2 additional wires to power the switch illumination. I can take those 2 wires from the unused diff. lock connector behind the dash. I've just got one more question: is the connector you mentioned (90980-10933) 4 pin or 6 pin? It looks to be 4. If so, might the 6 pin be part #90980-10993?

Thanks for your help.

3. May 12, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    TerryS

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    Roof rack, step boards, window visors, hood protector, tonneau cover, bed extender & small lift kit.
    Okay, thanks. I'll figure it all out eventually. I feel as if I'm learning another language.

4. May 13, 2011 at 5:14 AM
    Tacokevin

Tacokevin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Hartford, CT
    Kenwood Excelon DNX9960, Hertz speakers, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, 3" Toytec Bilstien 5100 coilovers, LR UCA, Diff Drop, Rear AAL Bilstien 5100's, XD Series Bully Wheels, 285/74R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Yellow fog lights w/ anytime mod to FJ oem switch, DTRL custom mod w/Switchback LED and stealth switch, Smoked Headlights, Wired Streamlight Rechargable LED flashlight, Color matched grill, Color matched power mirrors w/oem switch, Heated Murth Bicolor signal mirrors w/Highlander oem heater switch, URD short shifter
    i ordered both switches....cause they have different icons on them going to use one for fog and one for dtrl

5. May 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    TerryS

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
  6. May 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    ggreen

ggreen Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM TRD Sport DC Shortbed 4x4
    Icon Suspension Lift, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Exhaust (Powder Coated Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertech Mats
    For people that are adding an OEM Driving Light Switch, what wire(s) did you splice into for the back lighting?

I was thinking about splicing into my OEM Fog Light Switch but I'm not sure which wire powers the back lighting. Any other options?

7. May 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    ggreen

ggreen Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM TRD Sport DC Shortbed 4x4
    Icon Suspension Lift, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Exhaust (Powder Coated Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertech Mats
    Caribe - Thank you for the reply. I saw your diagram but it was a little small to make out which wire was what for the illimiation. I had my dash tore apart yesterday and all of the plugs are full on the wiring harness behind the dash.

I think what I'm gonna do is buy some small gauge T-taps and just splice into the OEM Fog Light Switch. That is unless somebody has a better idea.

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    I am trying to install an additional OEM 4 pin switch in a blank beside the current fog switch to use for strobes. What wiring do I need to run to the 4 pins to make it work? I plan to buy the 84160-04010 toyota 4 pin switch and the QT1-90980-11090 CONNECTOR AND QT4-82998-12340 WIRES.

EDIT: Im thinking from looking at the Diagram I can run a + to the switch terminal 1 (From battery), a - to terminal 2 (good ground), + hot terminal 3 out to my strobe box + hot in (plus ground the box), and terminal 4 ground for switch... does this sound right?

9. Aug 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper

Thanks for the info! So you are saying to run the strobes positive to the battery and connect the negative to the OEM style switch to pin 3. and Pin 4 on the switch to ground. I think I got it. Thats alot easier than I thought.

10. Aug 5, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    freezb

freezb Active Member

Member:
    montreal
    Vehicle:
    tacoma trd 2011
    roof rack toyota side step toyota
  11. Aug 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  12. Aug 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    freezb

freezb Active Member

Member:
    montreal
    Vehicle:
    tacoma trd 2011
    roof rack toyota side step toyota
    I already have the oem fog, i want to put some on the push bar and i want a oem switch. Do i need the wires? or i can take the wires from the fog kit?

13. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    Need a little help...

I have a 2011 Taco with stock fogs installed. I replaced the bumper and want to splice my PIAAs into the stock wiring at the bumper. Which of the two wires at the connector is the hot lead when the switch in the "on" position? I cant find my friggin voltmeter to check it myself.

Nevermind. Black/White is ground, Green is hot lead.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  14. May 30, 2016 at 2:30 PM
    Healyj7

Healyj7 2010TRD Cape Cod

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Cape cod MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 crew cab...
    Led third brake light All bulbs changed to LED Blue... Bed cover Extra tie downs in bed Borla 3' aftermarket excuast Blacked out front grill Smoked front lights White turn/running lights Bed security Mod 2 inch front lift and level with bilstein front and rear shocks... 1 Inch wheel spacers BF Goodrich AT tires 270/75/17
    I am replacing the OEM with the FJ I the FJ is a 5 pin with four wires the OEM has for anyone know which of the 4 OEM wires do what. I also will be cutting the harness off and then splicing the wires to the ends of the FJ switch no soldering have not got into that yet here is a picture of the switch...image.jpgimage.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top