1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need opinions on Toytec's 3" BOSS Suspension System lift kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by yellowdog, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Jul 3, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    yellowdog

yellowdog [OP] New Member

Member:
    Livermore, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Hi guys! Looking for guidence. I have a stock 2006 Tacoma TRD SPORT 4X4 DBL CAB. Added some rear helper springs a few years ago to fix a sagging issue I had while towing my boat. Works great....but now I'm wanting to add a 3" suspension lift. In the interest of wanting as level of a lift as possible. ...I'm also wanting a good ride on & off road ( Do some Mild off-roading, but want to be set -up if I need a little more than the average lift kit) & also wanting to continue to keep my truck's rear end from sagging while towing my 21' ski boat. I'm looking for the best quality lift components for my particular application within my budget of $2,000-$2,500 for just the suspension lift part alone ( Not including tires/wheels) So far in my Toytec "Shopping Cart" ...I have Toytec's BOSS 3" Suspension System lift kit, New Light racing UCA's, BOSS's rear 10-leaf Leaf Packs, & New 7.5" U-Bolts. As far as tires & wheels...I'm planning on running ProComp Xtreme Mt2 285/70R17's with a set of 6-lug 17x8.5 Method Racing wheels. Before proceeding with my purchase...I'm looking for as much knowledgeable input & advice as you can give me as to whether or not this set-up is a good choice & worth the cost! Thanks a TON everyone for your help!!

Southern_Beck89 likes this.
  2. Jul 4, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    sgtnewundies

sgtnewundies Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Florida, Citrus County
    Vehicle:
    14 trd sport red
    Working on it now....UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    I looked at that kit and it was a consideration. I will be going with Fox Performance Series suspension. Since I have a Prerunner I will be going with the 4" spindle and new Dakar leaf. Research!

3. Jul 4, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    DirtyTerp

DirtyTerp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Freeland, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB MGM
    If you tow or haul a lot I'd look into dakars or air bags for the rear.

Products Discussed in

To Top