1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEED REAR SUSPENSION ADVICE

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Airun, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Airun

Airun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Just wanted to poll the troops on a rear lift/level setup. I just did billys up front at 1.75 and am stoked about looks and performance. As it sits now however I'm 1/4 to 1/2" nose high. I am completely stock non tsb in rear and would like to go up 1/2" plus improve rear capability for hauling, ie would rather avoid spacer. Has anyone done a progressive pack and removed more than just the overload leaf to avoid a rake?
    option 2 would be some sort of airbag setup? Any clue on ride quality and cost?
    I have a T100 for most hauling duties (primarily firewood) and may need to retire it in the next year or 2.
    Please weigh in yall. Muchos Gracias!

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    5100's @ .85, Custom Grill, Debadged, Bestop Supertop, BHLM, DDM 4500k HID heads, Nokya 2500k fogs, LED interior lights, Weathertech Mats...
    i would say get the TSB springs if you can or a 1" AAL. I think a progressive pack would be too sot for what you want.

Air ride wont really give you a lift, it will hold level when its really loaded. if you try to lift with air bags it will ride like shit

3. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    The progress leaf pack will reduce the towing and hauling capability, it's made for flexability not capacity. I have the Wheelers single AAL and it has stiffened the back end up a good amount but does provide about 1.5" of lift. The only option I could see for you is to have custom leaf pack built and ask them to keep it stock height while improving load capacity. unfortunantly the majority of ways to improve strength includes increased ride height, unless you go custom. Hope that helps.

Oh and I forgot to mention there are air bag setups, I don't know if that's something you wanted to look into?

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I suggest doing the Toytec Non-TSB 1.5" AAL if you are over 36k. I have this with my 3 leaf crap pack out back and have hauled 1500 lbs a couple of times without issue. I you aren't over 36k, get the free 4 leaf pack from dealer. My 5100s are set on 2.5" and I have 1.25" rake, higher in back.

5. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Airun

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Thanks for input guys.
    With a toytec AAL, my understanding is that you maintain all of your current leafs. Would removing one of the factory leafs and doing the 1.5 or 2" AAL be an option to keep from having a 1" rake?
    Any thoughts?
    truck has 103k miles so springs are pretty tired IMO

6. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    The only leaf you could remove would be the overload leaf and that would kill your towing/hauling capacity.

7. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    Airun

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Thanks, thats kinda what I figured.
    Just ordered the Toytec 1.5" AALs and new Us. We'll see how she sits.
    thanks again yall

8. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I think you will be happy with the ride, I'm not sure you needed the longer u bolts though so maybe you can cancel those. I would call Toytec and make sure you have to have them. I didn't need longer ones for my wheelers AAL, but I had the TSB pack.

9. Aug 31, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    Airun

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    yeah I didn't want longer ones, I just wanted new ones. I figured I'd booger some threads getting the old ones off. I was tempted to get a flip kit though.

10. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'll be buying the All Pro flip kit soon.

Love All Pro stuff and the people there...:cool:

To Top