1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need side view mirror bolt.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by Bre2tSco2t, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Apr 28, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    Bre2tSco2t

Bre2tSco2t [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneau, Tailgate Clamp, Manual Pop&Lock Keyed and Painted to Match, Westin 3" Nerf Bars, 20" Chrome Wheels.
    Need help with this side view mirror bolt.

I broke a bolt that holds my side view mirror on. :frusty: The broken bolt is pictured for reference. I went to Toyota and they don’t sell the bolt separately, just the nut. I went to two junk yards. Both refused to sell me the bolt, even though it screws out of the mirror. One of them told me that, they would not be able to sell the mirror without it. They wanted $50+ :eek: for the mirror.

So, I was hoping someone in TW could help. I would like to get two or three of these, in case I break another. I am willing to pay something for them and shipping to me. :D

Just for clarification, there are three of these on my mirror. The square end on the broken / right piece is used to screw this into the mirror itself. Down to the middle washer looking thing. Then the remaining threads is what goes on your door and a gold color nut with self attached washer bolts the mirror to the side of the truck. Under the plastic cap on the interior.

I would appreciate any help I can get on getting these.

IMAGE_044.jpg

2. Apr 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    hardware store! improvise! :]

3. Apr 29, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    Bre2tSco2t

Member:
    Alabama
    Bedrug, Access Limited Tonneau, Tailgate Clamp, Manual Pop&Lock Keyed and Painted to Match, Westin 3" Nerf Bars, 20" Chrome Wheels.
    What did you have in mind? The reason I am asking is late yesterday afternoon, I was looking at the outside of a second gen and it looked very similar to a first gen as far as mounting is concerned. I plan on researching today and seeing what’s on the inside.

4. Apr 29, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    Bre2tSco2t

Member:
    Alabama

One step beside (not ahead) of me. :) I was thinking of just how to do this. Looking at how it mounts and attaches, if not done right, my improvising my do more damage. :( The washer looking thing in the middle stops it from turning too far into the mirror. Thus not allowing the attachment to the truck from busting out the mirror. I am thinking a long bolt, two nuts, and a hacksaw. I am willing to try if nothing else can be found.

5. Apr 29, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    I don't know if you guys have a kragen over there or autozone, but at Kragen they carry a load of different replacement screws and what not. Or try looking around online.

To Top