1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need snugtop spring

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RobbySkateboard, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Feb 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    RobbySkateboard

RobbySkateboard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    anyone know where I can buy a spring that goes on the hinge of a snugtop? Pictures attached in second/third post, but it basically just holds part of the snug top against where it connects to the truck (holds it tight against itself and is a pivot point). I have 3/4 but am missing one (the guy who sold me the truck last week said the snugtop was broken so wouldn't charge me for it (included it as a free extra) and he said that Toyota was going to charge him $200-300 to fix it but I put the little rod's back in and it holds it up just fine, but the driver's side (closest to the window where it pivots) is missing the spring and thus comes up and doesn't close properly (I have to have one other person help me get it shut properly). So all I need is that spring (my local hardware store didn't have one like it) so I was wondering if I could just find one online. I have no idea what the spring is called or what to even search, every time I look for snug top parts or springs on google/ebay I just come up with the arms.

2. Feb 26, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    RobbySkateboard

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330302243.344869.jpg The spring I'm referring to

3. Feb 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    RobbySkateboard

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Te first pic is how it SHOULD look, the other is how it does look because the spring isn't holding that one part where it should ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330302361.095580.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330302379.245109.jpg

4. Feb 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Jones

Jones Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 SSM Prerunner TRD-OFFROAD
    Front: 5100@1.75 with SR5 coils; Rear: 5100 and 1.5 Toytec aal; Tires: Hankook 265/75R16 RF08 ATM; Wheels: powdercoated off-road wheels with FJ TRD center caps
    I would go to a snugtop dealer and see if they can order the spring for you. There should be a name plate on the cover with the serial number on it to help find the right one. It also looks like the black bolt/rod should stay in the hole with out the spring, but I do not have the same snugtop as yours, so I am just guessing on that part.

http://www.snugtop.com/dealer-locator.php

To Top