1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some advice on filing a dispute

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KJaikaran, May 15, 2013.

1. May 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    I don't believe that the bank has any recourse when you send money to someone (like a credit card company does). It's only at the banks discretion that they can do anything (and it appears that your bank wanted to be nice guys). The bank simply clears checks, wires, etc. at your demand, and doesn't provide guarantees that you are going to receive anything for them.

As a merchant, when you accept credit card payments, it's in your merchant agreement that the credit card company can chargeback for any service/product that you don't fulfill properly. It's at their discretion too, but it's a specific and contractual item.

2. May 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    I read a few from this forum about the actual product and about the company. I read good things about them from doing just a google search and looking on other forums. I found the issue the guy was having with his on this forum after the initial order, but figured maybe they would have worked out the bugs on it. The traction bars are for axle wrap.

Yep, initially this would have given me access to getting help from both paypal and the bank, but paypal is saying they cant open a dispute after 45 days, and the bank is telling me they cant after 60 days.

Thanks, definitely going to be sending him another email today.

3. May 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    Yes, that's sound legit, cool,calm and nice way to put it...wellsaid woody"g" :D

4. May 17, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Can never go wrong with the backing of AMEX. Unfortunately, I cut up all my credit cards including AMEX about 2 years ago and only have one that i use through my bank that i have my debit card with.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. May 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    smart move, same here...

6. May 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    I am located about three hours North in Virginia...

Maybe a face to face?

Who's gonna pay for the gas?;)

7. May 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    Onurnez

Onurnez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Fog Light Anytime Mod, LED dome and Map, Alpine Head unit, w/ Alpine door replacements, De-badged/De-Flapped, Anzo Black Headlights, Anzo Black Tail lights, Satoshi by Homer, Full OME Kit, LR UCA's Black interior dash parts, UltraGauge, Custom Decals By RuggedT, TRD Exhaust, Volant CAI, Weathertech Rainguards, Weathertech Floormats, Blueinstinct Center and door handle covers, Tacoma Bed Mat, 17x9 Fuel Kranks, 285/70/17, Window Tint: 5% back/35% front, Powerslot Rotors, Redline hood strut, 14'' Black Billet Antenna, LED Bed Light Mod, 100k mile mod

I was thinking the same thing, but I googled the place and it's look very skechy(sp). Sorry OP, I say everyone just get on their phone and keep calling the number, over and over again.

8. May 17, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    or just tell him TW is going to rain down fiery hell upon him if he doesn't do what you want!!!!

9. May 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    Paypal ? lol

Yah, I hear you on the sketchy part. That's why i tried doing some research on him first. It's two different websites he has and on his new one he has a link back to the old website, or something like that.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  10. May 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    Wanted to make sure i got the usually ships in 14 days part documented also just in case it some how gets taken down. I understand it says "usually", but he is far off.

[​IMG]

11. May 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    KJaikaran

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    Update: After calling Budbuilt this morning I finally got a call back late in the afternoon. I wasn't able to pick up because I was at work, but he did leave a message. He apologized and admitted that there were mistakes made and that he let his employee go that took care of responding to all the emails due to not doing her job. After leaving him a message this morning he went back through the emails including the one I sent today. He offered to give me a full refund that I accepted even though he said it would have been ready to ship in a week, but I didn't want to deal with it anymore after a bad experience. I would say I have no hard feelings towards them and I am happy that he contacted me and returned the money.

12. May 18, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    bad experience, good you got your $$$ back.....

Products Discussed in

To Top