1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some cheap date ideas...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RoyB, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    lol. you guys crack me up. I cant believe how much free stuff you guys have to do around your areas. well, we have some outdoor ones here....but usually during summer. I am all for staying in and watching a movie...but sometimes that gets boring and I would like to get out and do stuff as well. I'll have to look a harder i guess.

2. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    I know you're not going to like this suggestion Roy, but maybe if you sold one of those three rides you own, you could come up with some spending cash.:eek:

3. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    yea good point. sometimes pretty hard to find one like that. any past gfs that made it worth my time to date weren't materialistic. I dont even tell people i have a vette or bike or second house until i know how they would respond to it.

4. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    why would i sell something that i can use any time i want (well, when its nice out) to blow the cash on some broad i may never see again? seems dumb to me ;)

5. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    I told you you wouldn't like the suggestion.:rolleyes:

6. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Hey, it's whatever rates higher on your priority scale.

7. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    getting rid of my hobbies isnt a priority over spending money on girls ;)

8. Feb 5, 2009 at 9:09 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Yes, but what good is getting the chicks if after you get them, you have no greens to take them on a date?

9. Feb 5, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    then they already like you and get used to living on the cheap (in the Corvette no less..)

lol

10. Feb 5, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    besides, this post wasn't about expensive dates anyways, it was about cheap dates. doesnt matter how much money I have if I don't want to spend big bucks if it's not necessary, why bother then?

11. Feb 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Wow.... Have you had some bad experiences in the past?

You've already got a bad attitude towards women in general. Don't make that assumption about everyone you date. Sounds like you're just looking for a good soul companion - friend - to build a more serious relationship with?

If you are looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with (over-all) - then do something that YOU enjoy doing (within reason of course). If you enjoy scenic drives along the beach, sitting at home watching movies and ordering PIzza...... DO IT! If she's uncomfortable with that - then chances are, she's not for you.

And TALK to her..... Be OPEN and honest. Don't be afraid to admit that 'Money is tight' (it's tight for everyone).

But then again - that's me. It depends on what you're looking for in a woman.

12. Feb 5, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    Delrivpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Well said Janster!

13. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    I don't even know what is going on here now :confused: I just said I was looking for cheap date ideas :confused: Now I am not communicating and being honest? wtf. Way to blow things out of proportion :rolleyes:

I said I enjoy going out, but don't enjoy spending 20 bucks a person just to go to the museum or 20 bucks for a round of mini-golf. Sure the girl can pay, but if I go out with a new girl every couple weeks then it adds up, even for first dates.

Bad experiences? Ha. I could write a book about some of the nutsos I've gone out with! I met up with this one girl who did nothing but make fun of my magnum because it was a "station wagon". all night long. She drove her dads junker buick. I've been out with girls who only ate at nice places, wouldn't consider a bar for eating. I've had girls ask for my phone number and then never call. I've had girls flirt all night, give me their number, then too busy to call back. I've had girls that were too busy with work...or had a child and thought seeing each other once every couple weeks was "dating". I've had girls who after 4 dates wouldn't even come over for a drink. I've had girls who put out on first dates. I've had girls who just went nuts for no reason after a couple months. I've had girls who do nothing but talk about themselves. It's insane the people I've met. One girl we had 2 good dates, then she decided she wanted to move to Europe to be a chef for a couple years, and she did.

I'm telling ya, they are all nuts ;)

14. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I'm with ya... ;)

15. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    07tacoark

07tacoark Still kickin like a chicken!

Member:
    First Name:
    Red
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 & 19 TRD-OR 4x4
    Lots on 07 ... getting started on 19

true, but look what we have to put up with in return :rolleyes: :p

yur gonna go thru the good and the bad before eventually yur gonna run into someone thats gonna be freakin awesome. who knows if they are just gonna be a steppin stone. so what if they are. at least u learn what u like and dont like about them. i can gather from yur stories that u have seen lots of different ones, but i promise u there is still a lot u aint came across yet... same goes for women the other way around. ha!

hell, stay cheap... some women dont like luxury

what about coffee shops? do u even like coffee? i think those are pretty cheap :confused:

16. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    yea, the male species def. doesn't have much to offer most of the time either. Most 26 year olds are still in party mode living with their parents. I like to think I am different...I actually have motivation in life and want kids and a wife. done the dating thing, looking for something more now. I think part of the problem is the women i am dating are older now. They have their own life and dating isn't a priority most of the time. They get set in their ways and thats that.

17. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    For bowling, find a friend that has a military sticker and ID and go to a base. I can bowl at MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) for $1.35 per game.

18. Feb 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    RoyB

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    man that is cheap! Theres a base about 20 mins north of me. I'll have to look into that. Bowling by me is normally like 5-7 bucks a person per game, plus the shoe rental. Last time i went bowling with someone it cost 20 bucks for a couple games:eek: I thought bowling used to be cheap lol.

19. Feb 6, 2009 at 3:38 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Have you tried internet dating sites? I haven't so I don't know how well they work, but some of my friends enjoy them. At least that way you know a little about the person and have a better chance at enjoying the same things.

20. Feb 6, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    azzurri

azzurri Well-Known Member

Member:
    i know we can play $2bowling on sundays
    and skating is always good it might cost u a hot chocolate though
    tell her you like long walks and take her on a 3 hour walk little that she knows your getting her in shape :D

Products Discussed in

To Top