1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need some help!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by onegoodwife, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    onegoodwife

onegoodwife [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victoria
    fairhope
    Vehicle:
    09' toyota tacoma
    okay so christmas is coming rapidly- so i'm purchasing speakers for my husbands tacoma and since theres no way to be sneaky with his pride and joy i need to know what soze the speakers are in the door panels- i know it's a general 6 x 9 but i need actual size so i don't screw up and buy him something he'll have to return 2 days after christmas!!! i'm looking at purchasing alpines- i need some feedback help!!! im planning on ordering today!

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    DaytonLax14

DaytonLax14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    98 extended cab TRD Off Road
    Are you sure the speakers are 6x9? According to my quick Crutchfield search, 6x9 speakers won't fit.

If you are worried about getting speakers that will fit, you can order from Crutchfield and they will include adapter brackets with your purchase.

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    ENIGMA206

ENIGMA206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palm Bay, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 Off-Road DC
    Tunes Tonneau On-board Air Firestone Air Bags
    I have 6x9 Polk Audio speakers in my front doors. The front doors will accomodate 6.5" or 6x9 depending on the speaker adaptor you select. Unfortunately, there is no bolt-n-go speaker for Tacomas. You need to have adaptors too. The general consensus around TW seems to be 6.5" component speakers. In hindsight, I wish I would have done the same. The Polk 6X9 is huge. I had to lengthen the adaptors to get the window to clear the magnet when lowered. Major pain.

My suggestion would be to get the 6.5" components with adaptors. Having coaxial speakers that low in the doors causes highs to be hidden.

To Top