1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need some hid help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nobody4343, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    nobody4343

nobody4343 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    Ok guys I need some opinions. I just installed some hid lights in my room mates 07 jeep. They flicker on start up, one will occasionally shutoff, and one will not go into high beam mode. I have voltage going to both lights on low the one that will not go in to high beam has no power to the plug for the high beam pin on the relay the other side has power. We have switched relays already. This has me stumped anybody with hid experience give me some possible ideas. The bulb is the h13 dual high/low combo bulb

2. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    Does the jeep have Day Time Running Lights? I know that can make HIDs Flicker or not turn on.

3. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    Hii

Hii Well-Known Member

Member:
    Check your grounds

Also, Chrysler vehicles (Chrysler dodge jeep) are HID nightmares. They don't like to work. You might have to add resistors, transistors or capacitors

4. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    I've had read that all over the interwebs to solve the flickering. But what about the one light not getting power to the high beam. I've checked all wires leading to the relay the only one not getting power is the one high beam wire.

5. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    where did you get the kit? what brand? contact them! Id bet money its NOT slims or similar quality...

6. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    nobody4343

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    No its from ddm tunning. They have a warehouse distribution in Vista, Ca. I'm only like 10 minutes away from them.

7. Jun 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Hii

Hii Well-Known Member

Member:
    Its cuz it's a Chrysler vehicle
    Just go on google and search "jeep HID problem" an look at the hundreds of write ups
    You're going to need a 25w 100ohm resistor tapped into the ground and Lo beam wire on the bixenon harness ($1 fry's electronics)

If that doesn't work you'll need a 470 microfarad transistor tapped in the same way (40 cents, RadioShack)

Products Discussed in

To Top