1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need some input. troubles with stealership

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mntbiker2008, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mar 29, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    So, from the last problem i had with the santa fe, Columbia Hyundai of Cincinnati put my tires on wrong when i bought the car exactly 1 year ago this month. I noticed that the tires were on inside out (the "this side out" was on the inside). They claimed they did not have the mechanics at the stealership put them on. they referred me to the tire place they normally take their cars to. They did not do it but they agreed to do it anyways (free of charge!) Thanks Bob Summerel! I call Columbia Hyundai and told them they must have had to put the tires on because Bob Summerel didnt. They admitted to it. Anyways, I was in TN. over the weekend backpacking and came back after 2 days to a flat front right tire. I put the spare on and got home. I took the flat tire to Firestone since i had a free flat repair with them and they took the tire off and there was a bunch of rubber inside the tire. They told me it was run fat damage or something like that and said they were not going to put the tire back on. (they never found out what caused the flat) So, now i have to get a new tire. Do you all think i should make Columbia Hyundai get me new tires? I am really considering threatening to take them to court because of their mistake if they refuse to pay Bob Summerel to put brand new tires on my car the right way.

Anyone out there that has been in my boat before? what did you do?

Thanks

Aaron

2. Mar 29, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    No. I only ran the tires for approx 6 months when i finally noticed that they were wrong. I didnt run the tire flat at all. The car didnt move an inch before the spare was put on. i do not know if the other tires who the same wear. i only brought the one tire to them. I have not noticed any problems other than one other flat tire which was caused by a screw. ( i drive normally and make sure i drive in areas that are safe to drive in) The dealership said it would be fine if the tires were switched around.

3. Mar 29, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I think you are going to have a hard time getting them to cough up a set of tires.

If they got the problem fixed when you noticed it...they righted it. The run flat damage is like wolf said.

I know there are tires that are labeled "This Side Out" but I think that's tread pattern thing mostly...

4. Mar 29, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:

the thing i dont get is i am smart enough to know not to drive a car with a flat tire. the car would not move a single inch if it had a flat. i would have put the spare on and then go.

5. Mar 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    How did it go flat and when did you notice it??

Cause you can get run flat damage from low pressure-

6. Mar 29, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    it went flat when i was camping. i know for a fact that it was completely full when i went on the trip because i checked all the tires before. I look at my tires once a month and make sure they have plenty of air in them.

7. Mar 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    thank you wolfe pack. i am in no way taking offense. to my knowledge, the tire was never low whenever i got out of the car on stops. i am pretty good at noticing if something is out of place on the car. never used stop a leak or anything like that either. i have no idea what size it is. If you can show me where i can find the size on the tire i could tell you. i know it is a BF Goodrich Long Trail. I just pulled this off of BF Goodrich website. "Original Equipment Size- 225/70-16. anything you can think would be great. I have all my receipts from the time i bought the car to the time i got the tires flipped the right way and i will get a written documentation from firestone saying what they found when i pick my tire back up from them tomorrow. I will make sure they give me the tire with the chunks inside it too so i can prove my point.

thank you very much. any info is greatly appreciated.

Aaron

8. Mar 29, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    i will take a look and see if there have been any recalls. thanks for the help! i was stumped as well which is why i came to you guys. :annoyed: this kinda of stuff should not be happening!

Thanks again!

Aaron

9. Mar 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the site. i went to the recalls.gov site and the tire was not listed as being recalled at any point in time. i will take a look and see if i can find when the tire was made when i pick it back up tomorrow morning. In my mind, i think the dealership should put anew set of tires on my car since they admitted to putting them on wrong in the first place and now that this problem has come up, they should have to fix their problem. but i do see that it will be hard to get them to cough up a brand new set of tires.

thanks alot!

Aaron

10. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Did you check the tire pressure by looking at them prior to leaving or did you use a tire pressure gauge to check them prior to leaving for your trip? :confused:

11. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    i use a pressure gauge. i checked them the same day i left before i got in the car

12. Mar 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i had that happen on an old set of long trails..the valve stem core was defective...so when you put air in or checked the air, the valve core stuck open leaking all the air out

13. Mar 30, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    so i had a talk with the dealer today and the used car manager was a dick. i said to him, you gave me an unsafe car, you denied that your mechanics did the work, then later admitted to it. Now i would think the best thing to do would be to replace all the tires because your guys cant put a tire on a car the right way. he comes back with. (in a smartass tone) i know that woul be the best thing, but im not going to do it. so i just said. really? i guess you will be hearing from my attorney! so he just says thats fine have a nice day! and hangs up the phone. so... with me being 19.... (which is why he was such an ass to me like almost any other "grown adult" is) i went to my parents... told them the situation so my step father called them up right away and gave the general manager an ear full. (I was transfered to 3 didfferent ppl and not one of them was the general manager) so... car is going in tomorrow and the gen. manager is the only one that will touch my car. he is going to look at all the tires and see how much damage has been done and will issue either a refund or if its bad enough (which i am almost positive it is) replace the tires. i hate when people like that judge me as a punk ass kid that is just looking for free tires. if they knew me and know what i do (firefighter, retreival technician, and many other major qualifications) im sure they would think otherwise.

some people just piss me off:mad:

ill post back with the details tomorrow

thanks

Aaron

14. Mar 30, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't bet he brushed you off because you are punk kid...Those guys don't make money by giving free parts away to everyone who calls them to complain and they here threats and piss off customers all the time.

Take it in and deal with the GM...see what happens.

Good luck!!

15. Mar 30, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    maybe maybe not... thats just how i feel a majority of the time. "young kid... screw him..." who knows.... the GM said he handled it wrong so at least someone there knows what hes doing. im hoping this turns out for the better. even if i get 300 or something out of it thats fine by me..

thanks guys

Aaron

16. Mar 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...don't get me wrong- The guy you talked to is a dick- but don't get down about it being over your age- He is just a dick.

I hope they hook you up!!

17. Mar 30, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    im not letting it get me down at all. i just thought it was disrespectful how he treated me. hes a dick and i wont do any business with him again. my next vehicle is another taco! :yay:

18. Mar 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    so i got no where today.. the service manager was the one i talked to and he said "all the tires are fine but one"... he looked up the price of the tire and said he will give me 50k miles off which basically converted to 40% of the tire. i still would have paid $50!!! i laughed at him and said "give me my car back." im thinkin about calling corporate about this. maybe i can get somewhere with that.

19. Mar 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Fire or Volunteer. Cause there's a big difference.

20. Mar 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    im cert. as a firefighter II

Products Discussed in

To Top