1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need the opinion from TW and their police officers!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by THXEY, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    Okay, so, in march i got my first speeding ticket ever after 6 years of driving, going like 26mph over or something. i was late for work so naturally i was driving a little faster than normal. it ended up being like $480, so i paid it and did the traffic school so its off my record.

In July i got my second speeding ticket going 13mph over in a 50mph zone. Again I was on my way to work. (i wasnt late though, its a huge downhill and i had my truck in neutral).

So my question is, i have a court date tomorrow, and i have to be there at 730am and the ticket is $260. So obviously im not eligible in the state of California to do traffic school again. My question is, what is the likelyhood of the judge letting me do traffic school again, and what is the likelyhood of the judge reducing the fine for me?

Essentially im trying to figure out if i should go down to the courthouse now and pay my ticket and not have to go tomorrow, (and save me from waking up at 6am) and not be able to do traffic school and not have my fine reduced. And basically just get it over with. So i can be lazy and sleep in.

OR

Should i go tomorrow and wait however many hours it takes to be seen, and try to get traffic school and a reduced fine. I just dont want to waste my time if it's not going to happen.

I have been driving for 6 years and never been pulled over and the two times i have been pulled over it was within months of eachother and i got tickets for both of them.

And ill ask you now to refrain from the "maybe you should slow down" comments and the "maybe set your alarm a little earlier so you wont be late for work" comments. Just asking for your opinion.

2. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    Specalt

Specalt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4
    Not a cop or a lawyer,

But I would say since this is your second one in a few months the judge will not let you take traffic school again.

But you can go to court, explain your laps a judgment and ask for leniency. Also explain how this ticket will be a financial burden for you and ask for a reduced fine.
    Only the judge can "make it happen"

The question is the time you will waste there worth more than the fine?

3. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    Possibly because i have work tomorrow too and couldnt get it off.

EDIT: the fine isnt a big deal because i sold my iphone 4 and thats paying for it.

4. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Save the time and pay the ticket. 99.9% chance the judge will not let you go to school again.

5. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Specalt

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4

I can tell you for 100% sure the judge wont buy that. for one you have had 3 months or so to get the day off, and I doubt he will care about your Iphone. There are people at the court that have much bigger problems than you do.

6. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, CBI Sliders, Icon ET Coilovers, aFe Intake, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, All-Pro UCAs, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
    You got to be there at 7:30? Don't courts work on the ol' 9-to-5 schedule?

7. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    :rolleyes: OBVIOUSLY i won't tell that to the judge. I cant get work off because i work in retail and we're entering holiday season so the date was "blacked out" and i couldnt ask it off.

And the iphone has nothing to do with this. thats just how i got my money lol

8. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    no clue, but i will say, my sig is giving your sig a run for its money.

9. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    Specalt

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4

I'm just saying there is not much that will get you out of a court date. It needs to be on the scale of death in the family.

If CA is any thing like AZ, this court date is just your plea. The judge will ask you how you plea... If you plea guilty you pay the fine. If you plea innocent you get another court date to prove your innocence. Or you can plea No contest and ask for a reduced fine.

But for 13 over it should just be a mail in fine. We don't get sent to court here unless we are 20+ the posted. Were you in a school zone or a construction zone, or run over a Nun. Going to court for 13 over is harsh.

10. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    no, no, and no.

11. Oct 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Kylsix

Kylsix Makin' it Hail

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Mag Gray T|X Pro
    Center-Console Holster Mount, Mirror Mounted Radar Detector, Quick-Fist Flashlight Mount
    That is 100% the only thing I cared about in this thread.

Pay the fine today, don't even waste your time at the court house, it's rarely worth it, especially so soon after getting another ticket.

12. Oct 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    Just called in and paid over the phone. it was actually only $239

To Top