1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need to vent

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Justin723, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    InfidelTaco

InfidelTaco No better friend,No worse enemy...

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    AFE, Fox, Built Rights, Moog, SpiderTrax, Icon progressive, Grabbers

Well said... Now coastie, go eat ur lunch mama packed for u. :eek:

2. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Totally not worth it in my book.

While what he friend did is shady and slimey...It's probably only marginally illegal...and I'm not sure about that...I'm pretty sure you can lie to almost who ever you want to...cept in sworn testimony.

However, beating some guys ass is clearly illegal...and no matter how good it makes you feel or how good you think your justification is...You'll go to jail.

At that point your truck is OUTSIDE the jail...while you are IN the jail....and when you get done with court costs and everything else...hopefully you'll have money left to put gas in the tank.

(I know I know...Not every assualt case ends up that way...but do you REALLY wanna play that game??)

3. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    He's not a Coastie.

4. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Keep yer witts about ya. Usually when people resort to some kind of revenge/retaliation, it leaves you with regret and the problem isn't resolved--Only compounded.:eek:

5. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    What does that mean?? I think you tried to make a point....but really all you are showing is your a hothead and a moron...:rolleyes:

Thanks for trying-When I need your opinion...I'll give it you...Don't want you to hurt yourself thinking about.

6. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    thats fine brotha........all it is is an opinion. yeah....to do it the right way is the better option........but sometimes.....well.........you know what im gonna say.

and op.........nope...he aint a coastie.

7. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I think infidel was trying to throw that momma joke at me...::not worried about it::

8. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    InfidelTaco

InfidelTaco No better friend,No worse enemy...

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    AFE, Fox, Built Rights, Moog, SpiderTrax, Icon progressive, Grabbers

oh i love compliments. keep em coming. look if u want ur taco fixed or replaced, do the right thing. if u just dont give a sh!t, be a HOTHEAD MORON....

9. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    The cops aren't going to do jack squat, you loaned him the truck so the only way you are going to get it rectified is to corner him and make him Man up.

Good luck with that

10. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    aight.....lets not have a shit tossin fest. lets keep it civil.

11. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    Justin723

Justin723 [OP] Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    So he calls be today and says his insurance wont cover the damages of my truck. After talking it over with my 1st sergeant she says it will be best to just cal my insurance company. So i call them and they say since i wasn't driving they wont raise my rates and it will be taken care of as soon as possible. And my 1st sergeant says shes gonna dock his pay to pay the deductible and any other issues that he had caused to my truck.

12. Aug 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    good to hear....way to settle it. and lesson is.........

dont let that asshat drive your truck again.....ever.

13. Aug 11, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    Justin723

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    I dont think im gonna let anyone drive my truck again after this shit.

14. Aug 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    Justin723

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    thanks man, if this all goes the way it sounds she'll be back and running strong.

15. Aug 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    He needs to step up or take him to small claims court.

16. Aug 11, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    Justin723

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah thats what we were gonna do but USAA is being cool as shit and said that its not my fault so there gonna pay for everything.

17. Aug 12, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    SUPER long shot and probably more money than it's worth. The "borrower" will just say "I parked it and it was fine- He must have had an underlying problem that finally manifested itself." and as bullshit as that it...Can't really prove otherwise...

If their supervisor is stepping in to make sure the OP doesn't pay anything out of pocket- probably not goin to get a better deal than that.

18. Aug 12, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Good thing you're both military. You can definitely get his ass that way.

I learned the hard way, too, to never let friends borrow my vehicles. Easier to stay friends that way :)

19. Aug 12, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    +1- I don't mind driving to pick people or their shit up for some gas money...but very few folks drive my stuff....Dad, Wife, Me, and my best friend (who I taught to drive stick)...and that's about it.

20. Aug 12, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Heres what you do if he's not explaing what really happen and willing to help fix it. A- he's not your friend. B- Bash his car to a pulp with ball bat. Then him. Don't waste your time with legalities, nothing will ever come from it. Don't kid yourself. People like that are a POS and won't ever learn until they get their arse whooped and put in their place. Only legal thing you could do is take him to small claims court, or personaly sue him which I think is the same thing. end result will be you maybe get $500 after spending thousands on lawyer. yet again... Lawyers and shit head win, and good people lose.

I'm 99% sure I know what happen to your truck. He took it off-road and beat the crap out of it and over reved the engine and threw a rod/spun a bearing. If it were me, I'd almost be willing to call the cops and say he stole the car. B/c you only gave him permission for a few hours, not days. That's called Theft. It's a Felony in my book. Try that route first, then the ball bat as plan B.

Products Discussed in

To Top