1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Needing advice on what to buy/what I bought

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SmithJS10, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jan 26, 2017 at 9:28 AM
    SmithJS10

SmithJS10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Kansas City
    Ok guys I'm trying to figure out what direction to go and wanted to get some advice before I pulled the trigger. I bought this 06 about a year ago. It had clearly been modified by a previous owner but I didn't find anything that concerned me and it looked like it's been well cared for.

The guy I bought it from knew even less about it than me and never had it off road since he owned it so he wasn't much help.

The majority of it's use will be on-road, but we're looking to do more off road adventuring. future plans include a bed rack with some gear mounted & a full size spare

Here's the thing: the front has UCAs and Fox coilovers but I know almost nothing about them. I would like to know how to check if they're set up correctly, what adjustments/maintenance I should do (if any). Here's a picture of what I've got up front.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm leaning towards the AllPro Expos with Fox 629s and u bolt flip.

Products Discussed in

To Top