1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Neighbor issues. Not sure if I am crazy or what.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    I hate neighbors that are assholes. I feel bad that my parents have to deal with asshole neighbors. I don't even want to get into it right now because thinking of them gets my blood boiling. It's mostly their older kid and the father that are complete jackasses, they have no regard for anyone else but themselves.

2. Sep 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    LittleMule

LittleMule Active Member

Member:
    Springville Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab TRD Offroad
    DVD Player
    It is wrong for them to disrespect you. I have kids and understand the point that kids are kids and run all over the place, BUT parents need to be parents and keep there kids in line. That is hard to do if the parents do not respect others though. I do think civility needs to make a comeback in our country. They should respect your wishes and you need to be more understanding I think. Neighborhood dogs crap in my yard. Should they, no. Should I get after the dogs? no, it is just crap. Do not misunderstand, I try to have a nice yard and I hate it when I find dog crap but is it worth fighting with my neighborhood? Not to me. It is not worth the stress. So, I would not get to bent out of shape if I were you but put up the fence to "Help" them be more respectful.

3. Sep 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i don’t think you’r crazy. when we lived in a neighborhood. we would ride dirt bikes around (yeah it was illegal) but now one seamed to mid. we did not ride on people years just the road. no one ever said any think to us. and the neighborhood was like 1000 yards from a county line. off a 2 lane windy as hell state highway. i was out on the 4 wheeler one day and a cop did a drive thru and saw me and did not even say anything we even waved to me! we had a neighbor (that are back corner lot meet there side yard. well when there dog bit me at my friends house (on the other side of there house than are back lot was on) we had to sew. (they would have some one drive 7 miles with another dog just to walk them at the same time and pretty much threaten me. and let them pee and poo in are yard. mom and dad confronted them about it and they said they will do what ever the hell they want. and also tried to say it was not there dog. even after they called the hospital and said it was. they would blow there leaves thru a chain link fence in to are little wooded area it was kinda funny to watch. we did not really care about the small amount of leaves. we put are leave in the same area. but they with thru some trash a few times and dad confronted them.

4. Sep 1, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    angrysam

angrysam Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Somebody's Shit List
    Vehicle:
    2.9 Gen- Not a cunt.
    Fleshlight and an old Farrah Fawcett poster.
    They're trespassing. Shoot them.

5. Sep 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    I understand what your saying and I try to teach my kid to respect other peoples property, but young kids dont really understand, sometimes, how important a flower bed might be to someone and they may run into a bed to get a ball and step on the misses flowers, but generally they dont mean any harm. Now if some kids are purposely causing damage or hitting balls and breaking windows, well thats another story. I just think its important to nurture and protect our kids because they are our future and if we say "hey kid get off my lawn" and they just want to play, that isnt sending a very good message to them. Oh, and by the way, I own my home and try to take care of my yard...4wheelers, ballgames and the whole lot...I can fix shit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Sep 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    Irish020

Irish020 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '05 Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Longbed
    ARE Hard Tonneau Cover Flowmaster American Thunder Super 50 Series Stainless Dual Exhaust Toytec Ultimate 3" w/ UCA's
    I have a neighbor that kept mowing (rather scalping) my side lawn. So I had a survey done and left the survey stakes up, he still didn't stop. He actually kept driving his riding lawnmower into my Holly Tree and broke several branches!!!

I got pissed off last summer and put up a post and rail fence and some Leyland Cypress trees...the trees are already about 5 feet tall....he won't be mowing my lawn anymore!!!
    Bastard!@#$

7. Sep 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Touché!:D

8. Sep 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    Not crazy at all, you tried being nice. It's a lack of respect for your property and for you.

I bought a cottage that had been pretty much abandoned for almost 15 years. The old guy next door got used to using the property however he wanted and it was his personal dog park. He thought nothing of his dog using my yard as it's toilet. Never cleaned it up once, he figured he'd lived there longer than anyone else and anyone moving in had to get used to how he did things.

I tried to put up with it for a couple of years but you can only step in dog crap so many times before you lose it. I had to put up chicken wire on MY side of the cedar trees to keep his dog from pissing on them and turning them brown. Needless to say, hints didn't work, arguments ensued and he started to badmouth me to everyone in the neighborhood to get me to sell the cottage. He's vandalized my property several times and it's taken almost 5 years of defending my turf to get him to finally leave me alone and stay away. I've had to stand up to his regular drinking buddies solo on multiple occasions and I've always been reasonable but I've never bent one inch. I carefully explain to them why I don't want their animals running loose in my yard and they need to respect that. I don't care what they do with his dogs anywhere else on the street, but they are not allowed on my property for any reason anymore.

I stopped worrying about what other people think because of this. I'm a reasonable tolerant person, if what you are doing is making me uncomfortable I'm not going to feel bad by letting you know. If you can't respect that, then you need to look in the mirror.

9. Sep 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Your property, your rules.

I'd be livid if I had to deal with neighbor kids hitting my house with baseballs, especially after I explicitly told their parents to keep them out of my yard.

10. Sep 1, 2011 at 11:29 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    KN Cold air intake, Dynomax exaust, Husky liners
    Put up no trespassing sign and beware of dog. Train dog to attack kids.. LOL.. JK..

11. Sep 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Nah man your doing the right thing AND being nice about it, if i was you i would fire a few rounds into the sky :D

12. Sep 2, 2011 at 5:10 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    We went round and round with some new folk's over there kid's hitting hard ball into our yard. Went to talk to parent's but that did not go good.Mid 30.s mom & dad and 10 & 12 yo kid's it was hard to tell who was in charge. Had to start calling to cop's but they said they had done nothing wrong and I was full of shit. Got a video cam. from sis in law was taking a video when one hit a pop ball that went threw the 11 yo top on the better half's car. Called to cops they got hear told them what went on and I needed a report as I needed a new top for the car. They went next door and were told the kid's were inside all day and I was crazy. At this time I showed the cop's the video and they went back and talked to them. Funny I got a new 2k$ top and have not been bothered to this day. Long story short a video cam makes the best neighbor's... Jim

13. Sep 2, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    Tiedie

Tiedie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    WFOY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 V6
    Katzkin, Dobinsons full suspension. Redlinegoods console cover and door panel arm rests, Double USB charger in dash installed, Ballistic Jesters 16x8. BlackVue DR 590 Dash Cam
    You are in the right , you asked niceley and they don't care because it is not them if the shoe was on the other foot you would have to bow down to them or your the ass.You do what you want it is your property as you stated every thing you do is within code and on your property. So screw them and their d-- kids.
    Sorry thats the way I feel and we have 8 acres the neighbors have to go through to ge to their homes I ask nice 1-2 after that I get face to face and if they don't like what I'm asking who cares I see the lawer and post signs.But we do live in the mtns. in the sticks, not in IL.:oldglory:

14. Sep 2, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Hell yeah man. I am having neighbor issues too. :rolleyes:

15. Sep 2, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Those kids or whomever break a leg or get injured on your property your liable ! Get them off your property now. You have been too nice. I would have let the police do the talking for me.

16. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    ^^^^^ Police work out the best, have them a box of donut's you win...:anonymous: Jim

17. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    now that is just great!

18. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    :rofl:Good one boat's, Jim

19. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    txtrd

txtrd Rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Somewhere Down In TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road
    K&N drop in filter, nerf bars, alarm & remote start with 2-way paging
    I think you're handling it like a mature/civilized neighbor. Kudos to you for playing smart.

20. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    OP it's your yard and they should respect your wishes. Put up the fence and bushes and hopefully that will end the issue. If not, like others have said, get a video camera.

The house next to me is currently empty and I'm not looking forward to seeing who moves in :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top