1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Neighbor issues. Not sure if I am crazy or what.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    Yep. We just can't discipline them like we were when we were little tykes. Good ol clothes hanger, shoe, belt, ext. cord- whatever the fuck was in reach got slapped against my ass. Harsh? Maybe- But I know right from wrong thanks to that.

2. Sep 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    sometime people can be a real pain in the butt. buy a 4-wheeler and do some donuts in THEIR yard,see if they like it. it's your property, private with or without signs,you call the shots. they may not like it,but tough s---!

3. Sep 5, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    In many cases "trespassing" laws are so technical and convuluded it is near impossible for anybody to be arrested much less convicted of the actual act of trespassing. The definition of trespassing is different than the legal elements required to be guilty of trespassing.

Dont want to drag this out just suffice it to say that for the most part, 99.9% of all instances you think someone is trespassing, wont amount to a violation of the law and you most cetainly can not shoot them, release a dog on them, or even do something to your yard that may cause a "trespasser" to become injured if they do come on your property uninvited, less you be sued.

There is a difference between criminal law and civil law, cops dont do civil law, thats up to you to handle through the courts and most of the trespassing issues often come down to civil law.

Sounds like you are going about things the right way though good luck!

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Update for those that care. the bushes and border fence go up tomorrow.

5. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    niiiiiicccee!!!

6. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    F your neighbor. The guy is a douchebag.

7. Sep 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    good, if that doesnt keep them out...then start with the cameras etc...

8. Sep 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    My neighbor's kids love to ride their bikes up my driveway and go around my truck before zooming back down. It drives me crazy!! All it would take is one slip when they go between the house and truck to cause a nice gash in the side of my Tacoma. I have asked them not to, but I know they still do when they think I am not around.

9. Sep 13, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    CopyTaco

CopyTaco skeeert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kins
    Florence, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4x4 DCLB
    OME, Demello, 4xInnovations, Relentless, Murdered Click Sig Pic for Build Log
    Damn wish I had caught this sooner...

All I can imagine is building a tiger pit and just enjoying the show. Don't forget to throw up a "No Trespassing" sign too.

10. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    pantherballhp

pantherballhp Active Member

Member:
    Athens, WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma
    when I lived in a community with neighbors close, I pretty much had my life threatened by my parents to stay on our property and only go to other people's houses with permission. I think the "dog crap in the backyard" is a good indication of the reason the whole family wants to be in your well tended yard.

11. Sep 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    I think its just fucked that you guys have to now spend money on something because of pricks and they`re kids, just shoot a warning shot in the air

12. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:28 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    No big deal to me. The bushes we bought were only like 20 bucks a piece and we only needed 7 of them. and we got the fencing on sale and only needed 7 of those panels. All in all we only spent about 300 bucks. Plus it's going to make our house look nicer, while making theirs look even trashier. I'll post before and after pics when the bushes are done.

13. Sep 14, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    LOL! trust me, that was my first thought!

14. Sep 14, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Here's pics. If you can't see them, let me know and I will upload them to photobucket.

15. Sep 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    should have gotten some barrell cactus's instead :devil:

Looks good.

16. Sep 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    jzicc86

jzicc86 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    11 dbl cab longbed trd
    3 inch readylift block lifts, westin bull bar, piaa lights
    dont feel guilty just bc the owners b4 u let thr kids play in that yard doesnt mean u have to. if a kid hurts himself on ur property they will still sue u not the old home owners so i think u did the right thing

17. Sep 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    can someone post the pictures here? cant see them at work.

subd, op im taking notes for when i own my own house.... hah

18. Sep 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks good! $20 and they planted them too? Hell of a deal if that was the case. Hopefully it works and they don't do the douchy thing and still throw the football back and forth over the bushes and fence.

19. Sep 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    There's a huge tree there, so I don't see that happening. Plus if this doesn't scream "stay out of my yard" I don't know what would. If that happens, the no trespassing signs go up and the cops get involved.

20. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    When we were coming home from bring home our new recliners tonight, the wife and the youngest boy were staring at it. It was quite comical. Then when the dad got home, he and the oldest son and one or two of his friends, cant remember were out looking at/talking about it. I happened to be in our spare bedroom changing into my workout clothes, and heard one of the boys say something, not sure what, but the dad then says "It doesn't matter, they aren't going to say anything anyway." All I know is that if they start going out of their way to play football in the side yard, the cops get involved. I don't mind them having to come into the yard once in a great while to get a foul ball or something, but there will be no, and I mean no, full tackle games of football in my yard anymore.

Products Discussed in

To Top