1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Neighbor issues. Not sure if I am crazy or what.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    mail them an anonymous letter with the local park's address and saying, "you might want to check it out some time..."

2. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    send it to a couple of folks with kids.... and when he's within earshot, mention the "letter" you got too ;)

3. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    oh yes very smart. get rid of the suspicion that it was you sending that out.

4. Sep 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    Wow, that fencing with the trees looks really good. Hopefully this will not result in another method of them annoying you though..

5. Sep 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :thumbsup:

6. Sep 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    pantherballhp

pantherballhp Active Member

Member:
    Athens, WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma
  7. Sep 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    Vance County, NC
  8. Sep 14, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I am having an issue with the neighbor in front of me. Problem is he has this rescued pitbull mix. The dog has bitten 4 people including me, attacked my dog, attacked a couple dog walking along the street. I have called the cops and animal control, 3 other people have called as well, along with 2 hospital visits, and 1 vet visit. The problem is that they wont get rid of the dog, the cops wont do shit, and animal control wont do shit. I basically told the guy if his dog gets through his fence again, due to his tendency to attack first, I will shoot the dog, skin it, nail the hide to his garage door and mount the head on his mail box. I have a 98 year old neighbor who wont come out anymore because of that dog, another 70 year old neighbor who was bitten and his kids wont bring the grandkids over again because of that dog. Every time I go in front of my hosue that dog is trying to break through the fence, same when myself or neighbor goes to our mailboxes. My dog is terrified because of that thing. My dog has never been shy before (11 year old lab) but he wont go past my garage unless its to get into my truck.

All I hear all day when I am out working on my truck or yard is that dog barking and charging the fence and I am sick and tired of it. I am about to threaten them with a lawsuit as well as the police/country for negligence for not doing anything. They wont even come out to take a report, they just do it over the phone... I am not one to threated lawsuits but its either that or go vigilante and kill the dog myself.

9. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.

It better not, or that will show me that they have nothing better to do then try to annoy me. At that point, I get the local cops involved.

10. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:47 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    I wish I could stop worrying about it. I just keep thinking they are going to do something on purpose to ruin it, but I don't know. Last night I had trouble getting to sleep cause I just kept thinking about what they might do, and worrying about it. Anyone have any suggestions for forgetting about it?

11. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Dude, I feel for ya on the lack of respect for your property. This is also an insurance risk so.....have you thought about having a lawyer or lawyer friend preferably, go to their house and bang on the door and make them sign a waiver to release you from any liabilities from their kids getting hurt playing on your property? Maybe they'd cop a clue. Here's another idea...take all the dogshit from your back yard and post it up in your side yard and see how they like playing in that. Of course you'd have to mow barefoot but hey, whatever works. Here's another one...get a big group of your friends together and have a football game in their yard, wearing cleats and tearing up their lawn, tailgating and music. Fight fire with fire. Maybe they'd start seeing where you're coming from. How about y'all sleep with earplugs at night and set up one of those deer scaring air things that sound like guns going off? I gots ideas for disrespectful people like that, when reasonable courteous diplomacy and mutual respect for each other fails.

** I like the paintball sentry deal, that's cool but I'm sure it would just cause you different problems, like them just doing crap to make it run out of paintballs or hiring their own lawyers...a fine line here. I also like the bush trimming style back up in the thread.

12. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:39 AM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    I don't know. I can't imagine this wouldn't put an end to the football games in our yard. I mean, in order to play football they would have to completely play in our yard, cause from that fence to where you could play a game, it's like at least 15 feet. Who would do that?
    Like I said, I don't mind coming into the yard once in a while to get a foul ball, but playing a full game of tackle football in my yard ain't cool.

13. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    meeestirg

Member:
    Vance County, NC

solution for you.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

shove as many as decon tablets into the little hot dogs and toss them into the neighbors yard when they arn't home, the hot dogs are to make sure the dog eats the whole thing. i'm sure you can find little hot dogs and rat poison at your local 99cent store, everything should be just about $5 or less. or you can throw dark chocolate but it takes longer and more expensive.

14. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    And no one is suing him for being bitten? How about all neighbors filing nuisance complaints hourly daily weekly, spam the effin place with them? Organize, conquer? Buy a bigger better trained dog to eat the other one?

15. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    That guy should be locked up for not doing something to his dog.... Get some "halt" you can buy it online or at a bike store. If the dog comes close, spray him and he'll leave. It won't hurt the dog and he should go home. I carry some when I walk my dogs and it works.

Next time the dog gets out, trap him and take him to the pound (or to a vet and have him put down... say your dog turned mean and you don't want him to bite anyone again - get a friend to give him to a friend to do this, so you can deny having anything to do with it ;))

Good luck

16. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    I'm glad I dont live in the city/suburbs to know what it's like dealing with these issues. Living out in the country on 20 acres is really nice :D

17. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    This too.

18. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    or tranquilize his ass next time he gets out, take him to vet and have voice box, claws & teeth removed then return to owner.

19. Sep 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    I had a similar situation going on at my cottage. The guy next door thought he had more rights to my place than I did. I tried to go along with it for a couple of years so I didn't offend anyone but he used that to his advantage and kept up his annoying habits, I literally felt like I was just renting the place for the first couple of years. I finally decided that there was no way it was going to continue under any circumstances and slowly started blocking the guy and his dogs out of my life. He wouldn't take hints, he wouldn't take direct requests, he wouldn't listen to animal control, he wouldn't listen to the police and he vandalized my cottage and landscaping multiple times. He got all his buddies with dogs to gang up against me and they all let their animals run around in my yard and go for a crap when I wasn't there. But I kept on calling the police. He got his first fine reduced to almost nothing and bragged about it. The second one was backed up with pictures from my camera and he had to pay the full price. He was still shooting off his mouth and then I told him that I had been video taping him and his animals for the last 6 months and if he didn't start acting like a civil person, he would have a court order forcing him to have his dogs tied up or on a leash. So ... 5 yrs later I am now completely free of unwanted dogs and dog crap all over my lawn, everyone except him a couple of his buddies thinks I am a nice guy, and I am completely guilt free.

Don't ever feel guilty about not putting up with someone else's BS. I replaced the first couple of plants they killed but then I stopped caring and just left the dead ones there. He has to walk by them every day so it's a little reminder I don't care what he thinks or does. The day I stopped caring about what he thought was the day I had freedom.

If it was me, I'd start putting in some flower beds closer to the sidewalk to start defining your boundaries a little more. Some of the grasses you can get at the local garden store can easily grow 2-3' in a single season and look nice and help make a barrier. It sends a signal that he is now on "your" area ... not his.

20. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    go over your local agency's heads. send out mutiiple letters,with RE-(each agency contacted). make sure you keep orig's,all dated. you can also request receiver to sign for them. get a paper trail. pain in the butt, but by doing this ,they will start to cover their own butts. because they know they're being set up for a lawsuit. i've done this already,and it seems to work. here in pa.,a dog is considered livestock. if another dog attacks it,you can destroy (shoot) the dog, and the owner is responsable for any vet bills. i don't know how this would work in a town. you know town ordinances,safety zone,etc. better know the law.

Products Discussed in

To Top