1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Neneago's All In One Remote Key Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ziggynagy, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Oct 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy [OP] All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Seller's sale thread can be found here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/346771-all-one-remote-key-gq43vt20t.html. My 5-month update at the bottom of OP.

Recently purchased a flip key with a "G" transponder from neneago for my '11 Tacoma and writing a review of my experience. I am not affiliated with the seller nor do I guarantee your interaction will be similar to mine.

Contact and Delivery
    Contacted seller via pm requesting a flip key with unlock/lock and a "G" transponder, he got back to me immediately (literally 5 minutes) with paypal information. Seller answered all my questions promptly, payment was sent Wednesday evening, key was delivered via USPS Saturday morning which is impressive since seller is located in CA!

Product
    Neneago's All-In-One Flip Key feels like a professional product and the quality of plastic is very similar to that of my Toyota OEM FOB. Not as nice as a high-end key like BMW, but it met my expectations for $50 shipped. In terms of weight, the All-In-One definitely weighs more than the OEM FOB+Key by a gram or two but being less bulk in your pocket and no pointy end is a worthwhile trade-off for me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The key arrives in two pieces, uncut with battery already in FOB and transponder inside case. It is the buyers responsibility to get the key cut as well as pair the FOB and transponder with the vehicle. Here's what I did:

Step #1 - Cut Key
    Went to Lowe's hardware desk with master key and all-in-one. The cutter wasn't sure what to charge me since I brought in my own key, so it was FREE!!:eek:

Step #2 - Pair FOB to vehicle (DIY)
    Programmed the FOB using the instructions found here: http://www.icwhen.com/tacomanut/fob.html

At this point, I now assembled the key and fob into one piece.

Step #3 - Pair transponder to vehicle (DIY)
    Using my Mini VCI Cable and Techstream, I accessed my Tacoma's Immobiliser System, authenticated with the master key and paired the new transponder using the Key Registration Utility.

There are alternatives to Steps 1-3 (like hiring a professional), simply telling you how I did all three steps for nothing extra out of pocket.

Overall Impression
    I was pretty happy with the seller and his product. The flip key will be my daily key and I'll be updating my review after 6 months with more impressions.

5 Month Update March 23 2015
    Been using my neneago flip key for 5 months now and am just as happy as Day 1. One minor issue: I was having range issues with the FOB resulting from the garbage battery included. My guess is the battery was a cheap knockoff, but the range issue was resolved by replacing the battery with a brand name. Having an all-in-one key is such a small convenience but it's so much more comfortable to carry in my front jean pocket (less bulk, no point key poking into my thigh). Key looks and works great! Knowing what I know now and given the opportunity, I would gladly purchase from the seller again.

As noted in another post below, replacing the battery can be done by flipping the key out, then prying in half with a flat screwdriver.

11 Month Update September 10 2015
    Key is going strong, zero complaints. I've purchased well over $1k in accessories/add-ons for my taco and this is by far my favorite. Range is a little on the weak side, but unlocking my car from 30ft away has never been a priority.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Kuntrykid likes this.
  2. Oct 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    neneago

neneago Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Like I said before. Not a big fan of the flip key. Get some VW owners at my shop with horrible looking keys. :)

Thanks for the review!!

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Thanks for an excellent product! Different tastes for different people, but I do like the flip.

4. Oct 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    tacopromatt

tacopromatt Matt's Pro Taco (SOLD)

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Tacoma TRD Pro AT
    Same experience as mine, expect I used a chip out of my old (bent) key.

Works great.

5. Oct 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    anyone know how to get the two parts separated after they have been clicked together? i need to get into my key to place the transponder. thanks.

edit: answer is 1/8" flathead in there, pri open a bit, and pull on the key end. bam.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  6. Nov 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    OK, I got an update on this one. I have a 2015 TRD Sport, and wanted an all-in-one key. I contacted neneago (which turned out to be complicated because his phone just broke and I don't text anyway), he has a full time job and isn't available but for two days a week, but we did get together. I wanted to do the deal in person, so I met him at his shop, which is his garage. He is friendly, knowledgeable about keys and chips and stuff, and had my all-in-one key/remote cut, programmed, and confirmed for my Taco in good time.

I then hit him with a key and remote for my wife's Honda Element. No problemo, he whipped that out in record time also. I was concerned about programming the Honda at home, so he walked me through it several times from memory, which is impressive because he does remotes for all makes of cars! Anyway, I got home and did the programming, but did have to eyeball his video several more times to get it right.

I gotta say, from all the barriers he puts up to maintain his privacy, I was feeling like it wasn't going to turn out, but all is well, got my keys and they work like a charm!

7. Mar 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM
    ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Updated OP:

8. May 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    Heepspo

Heepspo I wouldn't say I'm missin' it, Bob...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB, Prem & Tech w/JBL, Towing
    Fuel Vector D600 17" Wheels, Toyo 285/70-17 AT2 Tires, Tuff Country 52907 3" Leveling Lift, Full Katzkin Leather (Black with Platinum Stitching), SOS Concepts Streamline Front Bumper, 3M Scotchgard PPF, "no vtec 4me" BHLM, Husky X-act Contour Floor Liners, Cali Raised Faux Pro Grille, Predator Sliders, WeatherTech Mudflaps, UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover, OEM Bed Mat, Headlight Revolution Supernova V.4 Headlights/High Beams & Carbide Canbus 2.0 Amber LED Front Turn Signal Bulbs, Salex Console Organizer, Rhino Seat Belt Extenders (removes annoying dinging), 15% Window Tint, JDM ASTAR 800 Reverse Lights, LED Interior Lighting Package, Stant Locking Gas Cap, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, Gentex Compass Mirror w/Homelink, mesojdm Ultimate Turn Signals, Hondo Garage Un-Holey Dash Mount and AR15 Bolt Radio Knobs, CBoy808 Custom Bedside Decals and Flags, De-Badged Doors, Tailgate and Interior Visor Stickers.
    Bought the 3 button DOT chip from neneago a few weeks ago (2006 Taco).
    http://www.ovnisf.com/toyota-remote.html

Transponder program $ quotes....
    Local Locksmith - $50 and 10 minutes (+ $5 to cut the key)
    Dealer - $155 and an hour... really?
    Do I need to say which I chose? :facepalm:

The key works great. No issues at all. Came with a Maxell battery. Sometimes included batteries have no name at all and are probably just junky knock-offs but this one at least had a name on it. :)
    Took me 2 tries to program the keyless entry part of the remote (user error). I used the directions located at the above link.

One thing I like about the neneago keyless entry functions is the delay. My original keyless fob would react instantly to inputs, which I didn't like.
    With this key, there's a slight pause which helps to prevent accidental inputs. All remotes should have a very slight delay, IMO.

The keyless distance is as good or better than the original as well.

Overall, the key feels very sturdy and works as good as the original for the few weeks I've been using it.

9. Sep 22, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    neneago

neneago Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Ziggy...I would like you to review the upgraded circuit board. I will send you one tomorrow.

10. Oct 25, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Not sure how I missed this, pm sent.

Products Discussed in

To Top