1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nervous about a ride-along

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 05TacomaPreRunner, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Apr 26, 2008 at 6:55 PM
    MyTacoDidIt

MyTacoDidIt Member

Member:
    Sorry didnt know you guys had the program as well. Its like you said depends on the situation, the type of call, and possible severity. We usually dont even like to let them out of the car even on a routine stops, unless of course we feel its safe to do so. But we have no rules on not letting them come out and interact. Shit at times they even question the perp... lol..

2. Apr 26, 2008 at 7:23 PM
    05TacomaPreRunner

05TacomaPreRunner [OP] Southern Alliance: Lil One

Member:
    Orlando, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Still looking for perfect Tacoma
    Our post, as MyTacoDidIt would know, is quite spoiled when it comes to that. We practice religiously, and have numerous stories of high speed chases, fights, and foot pursuits that Explorers have taken part in. It all comes down to how much the officer trusts the Explorer, and how much the Explorer trusts himself.

3. Apr 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    As long as you were in fear for your life, you'd be justified. Some friendly advice though, one thing you probably shouldn't do though is discuss on a public forum what you would or wouldn't do in a certain cituation. Some could twist it that you premediated deadly action as how you would react. They can make you look like the bad guy.

4. Apr 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    05TacomaPreRunner

05TacomaPreRunner [OP] Southern Alliance: Lil One

Member:
    Orlando, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Still looking for perfect Tacoma
    That is true. I'm done discussing the subject. I have had a long chat with my Sergeant on hypothetical scenarios, and feel quite secure in my training and instincts. I appreciate all the nice (and not so nice) comments.

Products Discussed in

To Top