1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2010 tacoma 400 miles check engine light on can't drive it Sucks

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Deano, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Nov 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    Deano

Deano [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Sport access cab 4x4
    Thanks for the tip on the lighted 4 wheel drive switch. Sure could have used it tonight as i shot a deer and had to run the truck through the cut soybean field and cornfield and hills. Wish i would have known the off road model didn't have the scoop. Sure got in the way tonight on the hills. The dealership i went to had 5 tacomas and wasn't a off road model there. Drove the reg model and the sport drove so much better so is what i bought. May have to get a booster seat to see on the hills. Reg driveing is fine until i go up a steep upgrade. In Iowa here all the farms are hills. I do love the truck and my fault for getting that model with the non functional scoop. Thanks guys for the information here.

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Lots of people looking for the scooped hood. If you post here in the proper section I'm sure somebody will swap hoods with you.

3. Nov 13, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    Deano

Deano [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Sport access cab 4x4
    Trap, Thanks for the suggestion of swapping hoods with someone. Never thought of that. Mine is a white 2010 so would have to have one in same condition but would have to be close to Iowa where i live as i sure wouldn't ship it. Don't think it would be too much trouble to change do you? Appreciate the suggestion. thanks We have to take my wifes Rav into the dealer monday so may ask them if it is a problem changing hoods. I am going though chemo for the 10 th time so not as strong as i used to be to do the labor.

4. Nov 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    Hawaiitaco

Hawaiitaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Blue Sea Fuse Box, led bed lights and ground lights
    Lol David and A-TRAC on every thread

Products Discussed in

To Top