1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2013 Tacoma, Water on Floorboard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dmsattelberg, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dec 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Dmsattelberg

Dmsattelberg [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaford, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma
    Westin step bars, Curt hitch, Wet Okole Seat covers, Intermittent Wipers, OEM Bedmat, WeatherTech Liners, Access Lorado tonneau Cover, 35% Side Window/ 20% Rear Window Tint, Tailgate Mod.
    Installing my WeatherTech floorliners that came FedEx today.

Sending a Thanks to Scott at Truck Addons for the great service!

I decided that I would get the shop vac out and do a light vacuum on the floors and seats, and I look and passeger side floor boards are soaken wet, drivers side is fine.

Truck only has 700 miles on it, and was bought November 12 th...WTF

I have read many threads on it, but none so new.

I checked all windows and all were closed, just pissed off... I am dropping it off at dealer to have them look at it on Monday...Hopefully just a faulty Windshield seal, or other simple thing. I havent even ran the AC yet, so I would think condensation is out of the question....

Thanks for letting me rant....my first ever new truck, and wanted NO issues...

2. Dec 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends
    Had same on company delivery truck, Silverado. There was a drain hose from the rainguetter that was disconnected and allowed it to drain into interior. I dont recall seeing one on the tacos though. Good luck, make sure they fix it and clean that carpet good, if it starts to stink or mildew make them fix it, truck is waaaay new for that shit.

3. Dec 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

No need for the dealer. Your wasting your time. Here is the fix http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...cted-wtf-recall-oh-sorry-tsb.html#post1413919

4. Dec 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Tripps2012

Tripps2012 2014 TRD OR

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR
    Same thing happened on my new Nissan in '08 the AC drain hose was disconected.

5. Dec 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    MGM Tacoma

MGM Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dunn NC
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB MGM TRD OR

lol same here on my nissan hardbody, it was a mess

6. Dec 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    There is a TSB about this that replaces the plastic window trim with a new improved part. If it applies to your SN it should be a free fix.

PK

7. Dec 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    marcballz

marcballz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Mcallen,Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD
    Electrical: 24/7 aux pwr, cabin ac outlet, fog light on, 55 watt hids (5k), engine bay lights, dash color swap, led cab/footwell lights, Exterior: air compressor w/ dual tank & dual horns, toolbox, headache rack Audio: pioneer head unity 12" jbl sub , (4) db drive 6x9, 360 db amp, 600 dual amp
    if you got a alarm installed or something that runs threw your engine compartment thru fire wall can cause a leak.. its the rubber boot on the fire wall. thats what made mine leak after alarm/amp installed

Products Discussed in

To Top