1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2017 Tacoma Off Road

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dienasty13, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:47 PM
    Dienasty13

Dienasty13 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhizz
    Ridgecrest, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Off Road
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust, 100XR camper shell
    Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, SOON to be owner. I emphasize soon because well, just as it sounds, I have a truck lined up for purchase through a dealer for this Saturday. It is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a Manual transmission and magnetic grey metallic color. It also has also a few extra lil goodies like a performance exhaust, skid plate, tech. pack and tow package. So I really couldn't have found a better deal, right?

Well, thats why I am here saying hello and asking a few simple questions. First, let me tell you how much I am paying before taxes. Approximately $38k. That is exactly how the MSRP is listed too. No budging on these tacoma's apparently. (the legend is true) Second, they sure are hard to find with a manual. Lastly, It is a good deal to me after a month or so of research.

My question is this; gas mileage aside and with recent auto-transmission "bugs". Is the manual a better choice especially since I have always owned a stick shift vehicle?

Am I paying too much?

Thanks in advance!:pccoffee:

opteron likes this.
  2. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:48 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome to the site :wave:

3. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:54 PM
    Minny Taco

Minny Taco For the Horde!

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road DCSB
    - Dobinsons shocks and leaf pack - Level 8 MK6 wheels - 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs load C - SPC UCA - Moog LCA - TRD Pro headlights - Bullet Proof Fab skid plate w/ Line-X - 3M Matte Black roof vinyl - Astrostart remote - Debadged - Black shifter bezel - Front window tint 50% - Color matched grill surround - MESO LED red/white map lights - Osram Super Bright H4 bulbs - Headlight Services upgraded wiring harness - Auxito LED reverse lights - Zulu Nylon Gear MOLLE visor cover - Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau - Weathertech floor mats - Weathertech vent visors - Redline Tuning Elite hood struts - OEM bed mat - AJT Design custom shift knob - AJT Design custom climate knobs - Center console organizer - Salex glove box organizer - 1" driver seat spacers - AntennaX 14" antenna - AVS door sill protectors - Trimmed OEM mud flaps - Candyapple red tow hook - Painted pinch weld and radiator frame - Custom radio knobs from Hondo Garage - Xtunes black tail lights - Black LED third brake light - Ruff Tuff Kryptek Typhon seat covers - ACEkraut license plate relocation bracket - Cali Raised Side Shooter ditch lights w/ lo-pro mounts - Subaru tweeters + Rockford Fosgate speakers - Thinkware F800 Pro dash cam - Stickers n shit
    I think that price is right there with all the extras. Off Road probably starts around $35k.

4. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    bigmw

bigmw Not-So-Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northeastern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blue DCSB Sport 4x4, manual transmission
    Bunch of different mods
    Hello and welcome. I heard of some manual transmission. issues here on TW, but personally I didn't experience any. The manual transmission is excellent, very smooth. I paid $2300 CAD below msrp, but I took what the dealer had on the lot.

5. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    Launch21v

Launch21v Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport dclb 4x4 tech pack w/jbl white
    Yes. You're paying too much. If waiting and shopping to save a few grand is worth it to you I'd negotiate or look elsewhere.

6. Sep 14, 2016 at 6:56 PM
    Launch21v

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    Op where are you located?

7. Sep 14, 2016 at 7:02 PM
    Dienasty13

Dienasty13 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhizz
    Ridgecrest, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Off Road
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust, 100XR camper shell
    Southern California. Found a dealer in Reno, Nevada. Only one that has a manual within a 500 mile radius. So it seems to be priced with the demand for tacomas in general.

Easier said than done. Might have to wait six months to just order one from the factory and even then probably pay just as much. Thanks for the input. It is what I needed.

8. Sep 14, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    Launch21v

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    I live in SoCal too. I bought in Oregon and paid invoice. If you want the dealers info send me a pm.

ODNAREM likes this.
  9. Sep 14, 2016 at 8:23 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome to the club!:thumbsup:Be sure to check out the SoCal region threads on the forum!:thumbsup:

10. Sep 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Congrats on your new Tacoma and welcome!

11. Sep 15, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    MSP Joshua

MSP Joshua Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCLB TRD Off Road
    That's the most important issue. If you're happy paying that price, then you'll be happy in the truck.

I would check out truecar to see if it is in fact a good deal if you're worried about getting ripped off. Knowing the exact MSRP or Invoice would be helpful. I used TrueCar when I purchased my 2016, and I was able to negotiate down from the TrueCar price. There are a bunch of threads on the site about purchasing strategy for you too! Even after you do your research, it might take a couple weeks negotiating to get a better deal. Establish contact with multiple dealers too if you haven't already. Some dealers may be more willing to work out a deal.

12. Feb 22, 2017 at 9:51 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Get a Prius.

Products Discussed in

To Top