1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2018 problem

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Utfan1, May 11, 2018.

1. Jun 21, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    Utfan1

Utfan1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here's where they nicked the paint to the metal . But hey I'm a whiney bitch so I guess I better not complain

20180621_214252.jpg
    20180621_214244.jpg

2. Jun 21, 2018 at 7:42 PM
    Utfan1

Member:
    This is pointed at Jaques8, I tried to purchase at this servicing dealer . They didn't have the color I wanted. I bought my last one there in 2010. Didn't bypass them to save a buck.
    Toy cleve is a service center for toyota corp and these trucks can be serviced at any of them. This service center is close to my home .
    They, toy cleve could have not tried to pull shenanigans and I wouldn't hold any of this against them personally.
    Seriously calling me 10 minutes before closing time to say it's ready for me to pick the truck up after nearly a month In the shop and saying u can't get it today we are leaving before u can get here in ten minutes. Call and ask , that's what they did . Not to mention they wanted me to take the truck and come back later to have the tint and mat clips installed and the lining was still not replaced.

The truck is not fixed. The jute lining in passenger floor has not been replaced as of yet.they promised to replace it . I'm certain it will not get replaced and the story will go away . I will not but another toyota and I hope I have persuaded a few from buying from this dealer and perhaps toyota period. If not no big deal.my other tacoma trucks were all good and never needed warranty . Hope yours doesn't either .
    All this is fact with pictures and documents . The other side is at toyota cleveland . Call and ask them . Tom trout service manager. He says the truck is perfect . I do not. It ain't very nice to call me a whiney bitch although I am. Thanks
    I'm also not a new member been here since July 2016 .

rtzx9r, Shmody and randd like this.
  3. Jun 21, 2018 at 8:42 PM
    Pavo

Pavo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2018 cement or dcsb
    I would be extremely pissed if I was the op. I'm hugely disappointed in Toyota's reply and how they handled things. This could be literally any one of us that toyota would tell us to pound sand. Speaks volumes imo. I solely bought my tacoma based on Toyota's reputation and lately it seems like that's going down the toilet.

As third gen owners, we should all be upset because toyota quality is no longer up for par and apparently neither is their reputation. I fear we won't benefit the resell value that Toyota's were known for

Kpatt9, randd and WNC_TRD like this.
  4. Jun 21, 2018 at 10:55 PM
    msgs350

msgs350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma OR Cement DCSB 4x4 AT
    Some Mods
    I’m in this thread for updates, but at this point...no way would I be buying a used Tacoma, given the asking price they are commanding as is. I would also take a long thought at buying from a dealer not local to me. FWIW, Lexus dealers around here are sloppy as well (I own 3, so I’m well aware).

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  5. Jun 22, 2018 at 5:48 AM
    BillsSR5

BillsSR5 Looking out for #1

Member:
    First Name:
    bill
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5
    a little touch up paint and u wouldn't know it was ever there, u will get worse paint chipping than that during everyday driving

6. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:22 AM
    Shmody

Shmody Active Member

Member:
    KANSAS CITY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport
    So many people reading 2-3 pages and bashing the OP...

This is a fun forum.

Kpatt9, BillsSR5 and randd like this.
  7. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:25 AM
    okichewy1

okichewy1 Just chuggin' along!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kimberly, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB TRD Sport Quicksand
    Ultra Flex bed cover, TRD PRO Grille, 32" LED light under grille, Pop n' Lock on tailgate, OCD organizer for center console and glove box, LED bed lights, OEM bed mat, black TACOMA tailgate letters, LED illumination light package, black vinyl overlays for badges, OEM bed step, plasti-dipped front valance and mirrors, 15% tinted windows and sun strip, vinyl letters on dash, vinyl letters on tailgate handle and door sill protectors, TRD Pro shift knob, home-link rear view mirror, mountain vinyl decal above Tacoma on door, FN FX pro wheels, AVS bug deflector, AVS in-channel window vents, front bed rail, red line hood struts, LED interior lights, TRD Pro skid plate, slim line front license plate holder, CaliRaised LED Ditch light brackets with LED lights, Bilstein 5100's, OME 888's, Dakar HD leaf springs, cubby covers, CaliRaised LED Fog light kit,
    Have been reading pretty much all of this post. The problem I see with the jute being replaced or not would be does it warrant it? If I remember right, the OP said the dealer didn't have it in writing that they would replace that piece (can't remember with so many posts on here).

If the dealer initially gave a verbal word of that needing to be replaced and then found out it wasn't needed to be replaced, then what is wrong with that?

Repair shops tell everyone all the time they may have to replace something and then don't need to once they dig into the problem. Demanding that it be replaced would be like everyone that has every had body damage done to their vehicle demanding that the dealer replace the entire body part of the vehicle with a new part, rather than fixing the damaged area and putting it back on.

I understand the concern saying the carpet clips are a safety issue. But in reality, how many accidents have been due to those clips?

It's just a bad situation that the OP is in.

8. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:31 AM
    Wengel21

Wengel21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DC LB TRD OR
    Hey OP sorry this happened to you man that sucks. You can do what I did, I got tired of the floor mats moving on my passenger side of the truck so I snap riveted them in. Works great. I mean if they’re not going to fix your problem or as you put it care about your safety fix it yourself you’ll have fun doing it and love your truck even more. The only one that’s going to care about your own safety is yourself.

D4A968F2-8AB2-4AF9-BEBE-E7E90F089E2D.jpg
    B834DE2A-B82B-40F0-AFC3-1089C30F201F.jpg
    F422B291-D4C5-4361-B0F8-877A5F64DE4C.jpg

tonered, jamonsote and Riding Dirty like this.
  9. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    Pine State

Pine State Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma DCSB SR5 4x4
    I feel bad for OP's issue, but has anyone noticed how in "What did you pay " threads people brag about how they got bent their dealer over a barrel and got a TRD offroad for "32k OTD!!!" but then in "Problem" threads they ALWAYS have a "40k USD truck"

Kpatt9 and Jaque8 like this.
  10. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    Shmody

Shmody Active Member

Member:
    KANSAS CITY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Either way that's a lot of money to invest in something you thought was "brand new" without defects.

JSB10 likes this.
  11. Jun 22, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    okichewy1

okichewy1 Just chuggin' along!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Kimberly, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB TRD Sport Quicksand
    Ultra Flex bed cover, TRD PRO Grille, 32" LED light under grille, Pop n' Lock on tailgate, OCD organizer for center console and glove box, LED bed lights, OEM bed mat, black TACOMA tailgate letters, LED illumination light package, black vinyl overlays for badges, OEM bed step, plasti-dipped front valance and mirrors, 15% tinted windows and sun strip, vinyl letters on dash, vinyl letters on tailgate handle and door sill protectors, TRD Pro shift knob, home-link rear view mirror, mountain vinyl decal above Tacoma on door, FN FX pro wheels, AVS bug deflector, AVS in-channel window vents, front bed rail, red line hood struts, LED interior lights, TRD Pro skid plate, slim line front license plate holder, CaliRaised LED Ditch light brackets with LED lights, Bilstein 5100's, OME 888's, Dakar HD leaf springs, cubby covers, CaliRaised LED Fog light kit,
    The problem with labeling something brand new and expecting it to never have any defects is crazy though in today's world. That is why things come with warranties.

When you combine human and machines together to make something (especially in large quantities), there is always going to be a defect here and there. I really wonder how many times this specific defect has been brought to Toyota's attention? Bet it's a very, very small amount compared to how many are being built.

The sad situation with this story is that Toyota and that specific dealership is taking some serious bad publicity due to a simple fix it seems.

BillsSR5 likes this.
  12. Jun 22, 2018 at 8:40 AM
    StayinStock

StayinStock Skittles, the other white meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2018 OR
    Some
    The part of this that would bother me the most is that they said they replaced padding and didnt. The rest of it is just life problems that we all deal with but I dont care much for being lied to.

asuchemist likes this.
  13. Jun 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    StayinStock

StayinStock Skittles, the other white meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2018 OR
    Some
    Im just thinking that if this were me and I was paying for something that was sitting in the shop, I wouldnt like it but could deal with that. Its understandable. But if I were being nice and level headed and then they lied to me, I would be pissed.

Shmody likes this.
  14. Jun 22, 2018 at 9:34 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    So much projection...

This thread will be cleaned up shortly. Any further instigation will result in more vacations.

tonered, asuchemist and TFly like this.
  15. Jun 22, 2018 at 9:34 AM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    Dont worry.... Im a whiny bitch too. Perfectionist. Its why I sued a Honda dealer in FL and won for damage they did to my car and denied, and why I got Jay Honda in Cleveland removed from an insurance company's recommended shop list for doing a lackluster job of fixing a small dent in a car a drunk did.

Some of us here expect our things to be taken care of by dealers. Do the job right, do what is needed, and do it on time. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be in business. Call us whiny. Call us names. But I have every right to have a job completed properly. If your standards are lower than mine no worries - but don't tell me to lower mine and call us names because you're OK dating fat ugly people when I expect supermodels.

16. Jun 22, 2018 at 9:54 AM
    107main

107main Active Member

Member:
    /Hope you are kidding? The 2nd gen looks way better than the 3rd gen in my opinion. i am only looking
    at the 18 3rd gen because they have put all the safety stuff on them.

17. Jun 22, 2018 at 9:59 AM
    Utfan1

Member:
    If I had it to do over again I would get a certified 2012-2015 with 40 thousand or less miles and drive it for a long time .

TacoBuffet, Hawco636 and gw204 like this.
  18. Jun 22, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    Shmody

Shmody Active Member

Member:
    KANSAS CITY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport

SPOT ON. I'll be a big whiny bitch about my stuff that I work hard for till the day I die, but to each his own.

19. Jun 22, 2018 at 11:01 AM
    rickm

rickm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 BLK Tacoma TRD Pro
    Hopefully you don't live in the salt belt or it'll be a hunk of rust by now! I sold my 06' to my brother in law and couldn't believe how quickly the 2nd generation rusted out just like the 1st generations did. I would never go back to a 2nd gen. Mine was the worst manual transmission I ever owned! I kind of felt guilty back then selling it to my brother in law.:D

20. Jun 22, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    Boricua

Boricua Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    I think the 3rd gen looks awesome and a great upgrade from the 2nd gen... just my 2 cents. Plus i think you are on the wrong gen side if you think that way.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    forjoeyrod likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top