1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new antenna

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by kidrobot7, Oct 28, 2011.

1. kidrobot7

kidrobot7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma sr5
    so Im pretty sure my antenna is starting to crap out or something but regardless I'm looking for a new whip antenna. unfortunately nothings really available in my area at local places so I'm looking for some idea of what to get (if theres any difference between makes) and a good price for one. can anyone help?

2. Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    i just bought an antenna off of antennax.com. i really like it, was 20 bucks, but its much nicer to not keep hitting the garage door anymore.

3. UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    Pull your radio bezel off and see if the antenna is falling out of your headunit..could be the problem.

if not, then it might be your antenna..or a short somewhere.

I bought a shortie off Ebay for 12-13 shipped a couple years ago, works great..perfect reception and looks good.

4. kidrobot7

kidrobot7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma sr5
    bezel is fine, just put a new head unit in and its still causing a problem. going to buy a new antenna and mount it behind the cab I think. I'll check out the wiring when I do that sometime in the near future

To Top