1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Brush guard fog lights install question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Botzitaliano, May 26, 2011.

1. May 26, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    Botzitaliano

Botzitaliano [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nj
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd offroad 4.0L 4dr
    Hey all. I just put on a brush guard on my truck. I'm ready to put some fog lights on it to complete the install. My question to y'all is can I tap into the wires for my stock fog lights to power the ones on my brush guard safely with out melting wires? I would like to mount two 100 watters. Has any one done this before? Honestly I'm just really looking for a way to not to have to drill and mount a toggle switch, when I already have a button. If it is possible to do safely or if you know the proper way to do it the right way I would really appreciate your input. Also if you could give me some suggestions for the lights itself. Thanks.

2. May 27, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    You can if you run it through a relay first. Then tap into your existing fog light wiring and your lights should come on when your stock Fogs do.

3. May 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    Botzitaliano

Botzitaliano [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Nj
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd offroad 4.0L 4dr
    If I put the relay then I won't have to worry about melting the wires? I read some other postings and I liked the way they used emply accesory plate to mount their switch but on my 2010 trd offroad I don't have the same. I really want somebody yo point md in the right direction do I can get started already

4. May 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    adamv22

adamv22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    6" Rough Country lift, Toyota roof rack, Tepui RTT, Hidden 12000lb winch Pioneer 6.1 DVD stereo, Cobra III CB radio,
    You can just run the wire harness through the engine compartment along the battery side and through the hole in the firewall thats already there. Then for the switch, just pop out one of the factory switches (the black thing that looks like a switch but doesnt do anything) and you can put your aftermarket switch in there. Thats what i did, check out my pics. best part was there was ZERO drilling required lol

Products Discussed in

To Top