1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Built Right UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BirdTRD, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Jul 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    InfidelTaco

InfidelTaco No better friend,No worse enemy...

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    AFE, Fox, Built Rights, Moog, SpiderTrax, Icon progressive, Grabbers
  2. Jul 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    fsbrain03

fsbrain03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have been getting a new set of UCA's, and this thread pops up on the homepage. It must be a sign, I must get them now! I am going to beordering me a set Monday morning. Wait, I think this thread hypnotyzed me! Oh well, I 'm still gonna be ordering them! Thanks for the review, and positive feedback guys!

3. Jul 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    1st gens are still on Stock.

4. Jul 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Brian just went you a PM. 1st gens are in stock. He can likely ship them out Monday or Tuesday.

Tri

5. Jul 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    Sweet :D

That's exactly what I'm looking for. My truck was dog walking a bit and 4 wheel parts had a hard time getting them aligned correctly. Where did you pick your's up at?

6. Jul 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

There is only one place to pick up the UCAs right now. The Truck Shop in San Diego. Yes they do ship. Please ask for James and tell him that "Tree" sent you so you can get the deal if you are interestd. His information can be found at the beginning of this thread or go here www.sdtruckshop.com

Tri

7. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    You're the man. Thanks bud. I'm driving down to So Cal in two weeks so I might make a trip over there :D

8. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

Awesome! If you are serious about getting them I would call him first to make sure he saves you one. I know there are people that want them so as he gets them they get shipped out. He is expecting a batch this Wednesday.

If you come down you should hit up a few of us SD folk and we can chill.

9. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Update: The Truck Shop will get 5 - 2nd Gen UCAs on 7/28/2010.

One set is already sold to a TW memeber today.

10. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    wilsonpj

wilsonpj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC, SB, OR
    OME 3in Lift, LR UCA's, 33in DuraTracs, All-Pro Full Skids, TRD CAI & Cat Back, 16x8 KMC Enduros

That's me, can't wait. PS James at the shop said the price will remain only until the end of this month so only a few more days.

11. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM
    jusmac

jusmac Well-Known Member

Member:
    who are these made by, i cant find anything on the net beside in this forum about these? Anyone know what there made of and or any specs on them?

12. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Contact James at the truck shop. Built Right Fabrications is working on their site right now and will be up shortly. They are legit. I have taken them wheeling and compared to stock they are great for the price of Light Racing which is not a Uniball. I put them up with the quality of TC, I have many friends running TC UCAs too.

13. Jul 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    gonewheeln

gonewheeln Member

Member:
    I'm new to this IFS stuff so can someone explain to me how these arms will help correct the alignment?

Thanks

14. Jul 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    I can't answer that question...Greg should be able too. He said his Alignment guy loved the UCAs cause they corrected any issue he had.

15. Jul 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hello TW

UPDATE For the Built Right UCAs

The price will go up to $489 on Aug 1st, 2010.

Get them while they last at $469!!!!

16. Jul 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Bump it up for those who want to take advantage of this price.

17. Jul 28, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Just a few days left. Take advantage and save $20!!!

18. Jul 28, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    fsbrain03

Member:
    I know this was probably discussed, but what are the advantages again? I need to rejustify this purchase in my head. Any pro's and con's. By getting these new UCA's, how will this benefit me, and my truck?

19. Jul 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

Brian,

If you have a lifted truck it tends to put stress on your joint because of the angles of the Control Arm...with a replacement UCA with a Uniball it gives it more room to move. Also if you have extended aftermarket coilovers you will get more travel or articulation out of it. If you are stock you don't need them. If you are lifted they are recommended but not absolutely needed. If you purchase TC or Camburg which do the same...you will be paying $600 to $700, which I would do in a heartbeat. But with these at $469 currently I used that saving for the install and other things. Another benefit is the ability to fix the alignment on a truck that is lifted. PM BirdTRD or check out the first post I believed he talks about it.

I tend to run the same trail and have been on it stock, then coilovers and then UCAs. I felt a difference everytime I went out there. 05offroad had major issues with his stock UCAs because of the lift and just got the UCAs and it's made a difference.

Good luck.

20. Jul 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    fsbrain03

Member:
    Alright, I just placed my order. I'll keep ya'll updated on the build, and performance. Thanks for the help guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top