1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new buying question!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mistaare, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Nov 19, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    mistaare

mistaare [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.
    you guys have been extremely helpful so. thanks for all the useful info.

i have definitely decided on the taco over the F-150. i have taken some of you advise, i have e-mailed a couple dealers. unfortunately there are only 3 4x4 DC, TRD packages within 50 miles of me. now remind you im in no NEED for a truck, financially i can afford it, its just finding one that i want for a price that im comfortable with. here are my options.

all trucks have the same options, TRD sport, tow package, 6 disk radio and silver.

1st - $30,030. short bed, lifetime warrenty against drivetrain. it cover almost everything EXCEPT wear'n tear items & coolant system. Coverage includes front/rear drive assembly, axels, gaskets, ECU, tranny w/internals, block w/internals, head etc. i must say i find this VERY attractive.

2nd - $28,600. LONGbed. this one is 45-50 miles away. (how bad would gas mileage suffer with extra weight?)

3rd. - $30,100. shortbed. this one has the TRD offroad package, otherwise same truck. i e-mailed them yesterday and havent gotten a response yet.

4th - wait to see if jan/feb bring better incentives!

right now i am leaning towards the longbed. love to hear your opinions!
    thanks.:D

2. Nov 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    glad you are going with a Tacoma! GOOD CHOICE!!!

DO you want Silver?

I say get the 3rd one with the off road package.....

WAIT!!! Oh hell no!!! Dont wait!! GET IT ASAP!! :)

Keep us poated!

3. Nov 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    If that was the list to pick from I'd pick #2, as said the powertrain is covered up to 60k/5 yrs free & before my 3/36 ran out get one from Troy for around $700 bucks for the rest of it (up to 100k). Are there restrictions on this dealer's "lifetime"? My older Toyota 4wd had no issues until the 175k mark and that was rust and no buy-back then.

Then again I bought a leftover 4x4DC w/ tow for $24.5 back in Mar 07 and modded it to my liking, dealer was 40 miles away.

Your area doesn't see a lot of 4WD are you down south?

4. Nov 19, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    mistaare

mistaare [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    silver. sport.
    im in the northeast (Pa). There is good deal of 4x4's, there are only 3 6 spd's AND im kind of partial to the TRD packages. :D

"DO you want Silver?"
    thats not really a deciding factor for me. it could be blue or black or white or,,,,

5. Nov 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Depends on your need really. If you do a lot of snow driving I would get the sport package. I persoanlly have the sport package because I make a lot of trips to the mountains in the winter and the sport package has a limited slip differential making it better in the snow than the off road locking differential. So it all depends on need. I love my truck no complaints

6. Nov 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM
    BaseballFan

BaseballFan Active Member

Member:
    I partial to the short bed for its turning radius. Don't rush into something you will regret in 2 months. With the auto market the way it is right now, I think there are better deals out there. I'm in FL and looking at the exact pkgs you are (4x4 DC w/TRD Sport or Off-road pkg and Towing). I got a price of 26990 from a dealer. I'm still waiting on something better.

7. Nov 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    aocabrown

aocabrown Member

Member:
    I did the same thing and contacted 4 dealers in Nashville, Memphis and Little Rock (same truck you quoted). Sticker was $31,300 on them all. Two of the dealers tried the ole "we will let it go for $30,500" trick but the other two came down to $28,100 and $28,300 pretty quick, all via email and all without discussing trades/financing etc. I figured if 2 came down roughly the same amount right away, I must be getting into the ballpark. I believe $27,500 is the bottom where they still make $500 holdback. Not sure how much lower than that you can expect to go.

8. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    adamceckhardt

adamceckhardt Well-Known Member

Member:
    buy the one that is most appealing to you, from the person who you want to do business with.

If you're going to wait till the new year to see the incentives, why are you wasting your time now? Just wondering.

9. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    yea my 2008 went down from 31,500 or something to 28100 and that included a bunch of accessories, then an extra 500 off for deal incentive and BOOM! 27600 before taxes!

Products Discussed in

To Top