1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New CBR Project

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Rider4, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Jan 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM
    Rider4

Rider4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD PRO
    I've been looking for a project bike for a while now and finally found it! Just picked up a 2006 Honda CBR600 F4i with 8700 miles on it. When I picked it up it was not running, but the bike was in overall great shape. While talking to the owner he told me that the bike has been sitting for over a year and would not start. I opened the fuel tank and wow, that smell! The fuel tank was almost full of rancid gas and the tank was a rusted as it could be without leaking.

My thought was, that this must be the problem so I took it home. Drained the fuel, pulled the fuel pump (inside the tank) which has a fuel filter. To my good luck I disconnected the fuel line to the fuel rail and the back flow was clean gas.

Long story short, I ordered a new tank, painted it, put in a new fuel pump and it started up like a champ! This was supposed to be a winter project. It only took 6 days to get it up and running. Guess I need another project.

IMG_0788.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg

TinoTaco and Pella like this.
  2. Jan 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM
    Wsidr1

Wsidr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2 x 95.5 Ext 2.7L & 3.4L A/T 4x4
    Well that turned out well. Hard to believe all that happened in just one year.

If the prev owner had just filled the tank to he top before letting it sit, he could have avoided that condition. Likely even without stabilizer it would have made it a year.

But then, you would be out one sweet deal, so... :bikewheelie2:

Products Discussed in

To Top