1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Concealed-Gun Law Enacted in Arizona

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    So, now the police in AZ have no authority to stop a person they suspect of carrying illegally, and quite possibly with the intent to commit a crime.

Yeah, that's a brilliant idea...:rolleyes:

I also enjoyed the part about no longer needing to have safety training or to demonstrate an ability to operate the weapon effectively. Let the lawsuits begin!!!!

2. May 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    The CWPs will still be petitioned for by new applicants and the existing ones will still be renewed because of the advantages of having the permit.
    My permit will continue to allow me to skip the background checks when I buy a firearm and I'll be able to carry in the states that reciprocate with Arizona.

3. May 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    While I'm not certain why an LEO could not stop, question or detain a person carrying illegally. The operable word here is illegally… LEO is within it’s authority to do this if they suspect someone of committing a crime… As far as the requirement for training well I might have to agree with you on this point however if there is no training requirement for purchase and anyone can carry concealed then enforcing a training requirement would be rather difficult I would think…. You just have to trust in the better judgment of humanity in general… Hope this isn’t lost on you…:D

4. May 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Sorry dude you have to be 21. Under the new law SB 1180, ff you do conceal carry and your caught it's a class 3 misdemeanor. What ever that is...

See link below for full details.

The new law simply decriminalized conceal carry without permit.

You can read the law the governor singed here.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument...1108_04-28-10_astransmittedtogovernor.doc.htm

5. May 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Gov. Brewer is really kicking it into 5th gear, great news to see the 2nd Amendment gaining back it's power.

6. May 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    There ya go Connor, sorry.

7. May 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Way to go AZ!

8. May 25, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    This is a great step forward for the Second Amendment. Gov. Brewer will be receiving a hand written thank you letter from me. Even though this is not my state, it is still a victory. Maybe one day I will be able to obtain a permit in Cali. Until then, my Utah permit will suffice for my travels. Thank you Gov. Brewer!!

9. May 25, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    Waikoloa Tacoma

Waikoloa Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    At the beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner DC TRD OR
    I was thinking of moving to Hawaii but I may move to Arizona instead!

10. May 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    Cop: Hey there. What's that bulge under your jacket? You got a permit for that?

Guy: Don't need one.

Cop: Have a nice day.

Guy: *shoots cop in back of head/robs bank/rapes woman at gunpoint/shoots up a school/etc.*

The point is that if the only information an officer has to go on is a bulge in a jacket, he/she has now lost the right to investigate further/detain the suspect, etc.

Extreme example, sure. But I think that giving our law enforcement all the tools they need to stop these scenarios from happening is not a bad thing.

And, yes, I get the point that it would be hard to enforce. It's also stupid to give people lethal weapons without proper training.

11. May 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    Well I don't admit to being an expert at LEO practices and perhaps some LEO TW member could chime in here but if I was being questioned by a local LEO and he knew I was carrying, even with my permit, I would expect him to relieve me of my firearm for the duration... and I bet no LEO worth his salt would turn his back on someone he knows is armed until he is certain that person does not pose a threat… A criminal is a criminal regardless of the law, and they are threat to all good citizens regardless of the law. If that person is intent on doing harm then this new Arizona law would have no affect on their actions other then to perhaps end with a dead bad guy because the victim was not so much a victim after all… Or maybe the bad guy would just use better judgment and not commit a crime because he feared for his own mortality. LEO’s know the risk of their chosen profession and I know the risk of this everyday world we live in and I feel safer when I am armed. At least I know I have a chance…. Sam Colt is the great equalizer… I do agree that it is stupid to handle firearms without some training but it is a free country and all this is a part of the price of living free.

12. May 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    Who is giving people lethal weapons?
    Where can I get one?

I kind of understand your view given that you live in a high crime area but this law is not intended to help or promote criminals. It's just the opposite. It makes criminals aware that who ever they might be targeting may have a gun. That's the criminals biggest fear.

Your comments sound as though you think common citizens will become criminals now because they can carry a gun and don't have to take a class.

13. May 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Hooray for freedom!
    Can this guy carpet bag over to NY please?

14. May 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I am very proud of what she has done of slowing down and getting rid of illegal immigrants. Now she passes a law that does not require you to have a concealed weapons permit.

Looks like I will be taking a vacation this winter to Arizona and give them some of my money......

15. May 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    While AZ keeps on growing in its rights, Texas seems to be losing them...

Products Discussed in

To Top